Sugawara Koushi | The Pocky Game

the remake

"Kou, come on! Pleeeaaasee?" You whine, looking up at your boyfriend, whose cheeks burned a bright red at the request you had just made.

The two of you sat on the stairs of the building where all the changing rooms for athletic clubs were, just as the night had begun and there was a familiar hum of the few students still running about and talking, while all the athletes were wrapping up their practices for the day.

You lift up your box of pocky to Sugawara's face, rattling the small, red box gently.

He immediately averts your gaze and turns away, clenching his fists that rest on his knees. You struggle to hold back the giggle that begins to bubble its way up your throat.

"W-Where did you even get the idea to play the pocky game, (y/n)?" He stutters, his eyes squeezed shut.

"Does it really matter, Kou?" You ask as you busy yourself with opening the box. "I just want to play the pocky game with you!"

When he didn't respond with his eyes still closed, you smirked. Oh, you knew how to get his attention.

"Well, I guess if you're trying this hard to stall, you really don't want to play..." You pop one of the broken pieces in your mouth. "Because I bet you just know you're going to lose."

His shoulders drop, and from the corner of your eye, you can see his eyes open as he looks at you, disbelief in his eyes.

Did you really just say that he, a competitive athlete, was backing down because he was scared of losing?

"Hey now..." He said with his tone dropped, completely facing you again.

You pretended it didn't bother you, putting the end of a pocky stick in your mouth. You begin to stand up.

"Since we're not playing because you're too scared, let's just go h-"

You don't get to finish your sentence as Sugawara's hand gently grabs your wrist and pulls you back down to sit.

"Oh no, you must have misunderstood, my love..." He says, and the way he uses your pet name with such a scary voice and fire in his eyes is almost enough to make you back down out of fright.

So this is that "switch" that Daichi was talking about when it came to Sugawara's competitiveness...

"I was just afraid of what you would do if you happened to lose the game," He smiles sweetly while grabbing the other end of the pocky stick currently in your mouth.

You can't even utter a single word as he leans in because at this point, amidst all his sweet gestures, you had forgotten just how mischevious Sugawara could be.

He takes bigger bites than you had expected— all too confident for you to be comfortable. You thought you had him flustered, but right now it seems that the tables have turned.

He smiles when there's finally only a little bit of the chocolate part left between his lips and yours. You can feel his breath against your lips with your noses brushing up against each other..

He waits for your move, an eyebrow raised.

But maybe that's his mistake, because he doesn't expect you to make the last move and crash your lips onto his.

You enjoy the kiss while it lasts until Sugawara stands up immediately, his face burning red.

"Y-You—!"

"H-Hey! Kou, I thought that's what you wanted me to do!"

"Ohhhhh my goodn-"

"i'M THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED HERE!"

extended ending;

daichi and asahi sweat drop from the shadows below the stairs, having watched and heard the whole thing go down.

"i can't say i understand everything that just happened," asahi says, scratching the back of his head.

"yeah," daichi agrees, a smile on his face as he witnesses the familiar scene before him. "they still haven't changed a bit since they met when we were first years, huh?"

"not a bit," asahi chuckles.