A Seek for Reason - Chapter 4

Megan: he told you he likes you?!

Me: yes.

Megan: did you say you liked him back?! 

Me: i told him that i need to get to know him better.

Megan: WHAT?! So you didn't say you like him back?!

Me: no i didn't.

Megan: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Me: Megan! i've known him for a day. i'm trying to get to know his personality. yeah, he's hot, but i need to get to know him.

Megan: but the way you talk about him makes it seem like you like him!

Me: yeah, but that's before it was serious. like seriously! i know nothing about him! i know the type of music he likes, i know the books he reads, but i have no idea what type of person he is. i've only hung out with him twice. i need to know what he is around me and what i am around him.

Megan: okay girl, but you make sure you know what you're doing.

Me: i know. thank you <3

Megan: no problem bby

Me: night <3

Megan Biel went offline.

Just as I shut my laptop, my phone lit up. Please don't be-- it was. It was Skylar. I sort of rolled my eyes. I didn't really feel like talking to him because it would just continue to confuse me. I just wanted to avoid him for the rest of my life because I didn't want to face the truth. The truth being that I did like him or I didn't. If I did like him, I would eventually suffer through getting hurt. If I didn't like him, I would suffer through hurting him. 

I picked up my phone and saw that it was a text from Skylar.

Skylar: hey. miss you

I decided not to reply because I didn't want to confuse myself. And if I did reply, we would probably end up talking for ages and I didn't want that because I really needed sleep. I was glad I wouldn't be seeing him tomorrow because he had class and he was probably gonna be back late. Though, it was a Friday and that meant it didn't even matter if he was late. I wouldn't have an excuse not to see him.

That was enough thinking for a night. I needed rest-- my brain especially. It has done enough thinking for a day.

I woke up before my mother could the next morning. I checked the clock and it was 5 in the morning. I had no idea why I was awake. I then started to feel super sick and I ran to the bathroom and threw up.  Oh great! So now I'm sick to the head and sick to the stomach. That's just great. I knocked on my mum's door and told her I had vomitted. She told me to get back in bed and just take the day off today. So I went back to sleep.

Weirdly, I woke up at 3 in the afternoon. I grabbed my phone to check my messages. 19 messages. 3 from Ariana, 7 from Megan and 9 from Skylar. What even.

Ariana: danielle, where were you?

Ariana: are you okay?

Ariana: call me back! x

Megan: dani!! where were you!!

Megan: dani! answer your phone! i missed you today!

Megan: are you okay?

Megan: were you sick?

Megan: seriously where are you?!

Megan: dani, i'm getting really worried.

Megan: i'm coming by your house at 4.

Skylar: hey where are you?

Skylar: are you avoiding me?