Chapter 2 : The Confession

In between classes, Ben and Mal went to take their books for their next lesson and Anastasia comes up and starts talking to Ben."Ben, if you are going to break up with her, consider me as the next girlfriend you will have."she said, purposely adding a flirty tone to her voice just to annoy Mal. Mal was very angry and her eyes were glowing a bright green. When Ben saw that her eyes were glowing a really bright green, he decided to calm her down. "Calm down bae, I've only got eyes for you." he whispered into her ear, putting his arm around her waist. Ben smirked at her and said,"No thanks. Because there is no next girl because beside me is the only girl in my life." And he hugged Mal and Mal hugged him back. Mal and Ben blushed. "My win." Mal teases Anastasia and smirks. Anastasia huffed and she stomped off in anger. Evie was standing and looking at Mal. She passed a note to Mal. It wrote 'we need to talk. Meet you in the field at 7pm!' 

---Time skip to lunch ---

"E, what is going on?" Mal asked Evie. "Not now, M it is confidential."Evie warned. Ben walked to Mal and asked,"Need a drink?" Mal stared intensely at Evie and looks at Ben,"Sure, get one for me. Thanks." Anastasia knew something was wrong,"It's going to be interesting." 

--- Time skip to 7pm ---

"About last time...he thought that you had a crush on him right?" Evie asked worriedly. "Ummm... yeah. Is there something wrong?" Mal asked curiously. "He does not know the truth and that is bad," Evie said. "But he still likes me..." Mal said, unsure of what to do. "Do it, tell him." Evie convinced her. "But... Fine. I lied to him that I actually had a crush on him. I actually wanted the wand. Sorry Ben." Mal said. Anastasia recorded the entire conversation. "This is going to get interesting." she said. 

--- Time skip to the next day ---

"Ben, I think you need to hear this." Anastasia showed him the recording. She smirked. Ben's face turned red. "WHERE IS MAL?!?" Ben roared. When Ben saw Mal, Mal and Evie was chatting and walking towards Ben. "Looks like Ben have something to tell you." Anastasia smirked when Mal and Evie was near Ben and Anastasia. 

"Why did you lie to me?!" Ben shouted at Mal. Mal's smile on her face instantly disappeared when she heard Ben shouting at her. "Umm... Ben?" Mal was confused. "You lied to me...You spelled me for the wand!" Ben said. "Ben... I..." Mal was disappointed in herself. "You know what, we're though..." Ben said with a hint of hurt in his voice and he turned to walk away. "Let's go,Ben! Looks like you trusted the wrong person." Anastasia clanged onto Ben's arm as they walked away. 

"M...You okay?" Evie asked. Mal ran away, heartbroken at the fact that Ben had broken up with her. Mal could not live without Ben. Mal felt a hole in her heart. A feeling she never felt before. "Ben... Please do not leave me... I need you... BEN, I'M SORRY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!" she shouted into thin air at no one in particular. When she screamed those words, she had tears streaming down her cheeks and she kneeled down and crawled up and sobbed into her arm. She kept crying until Evie came and comforted her. "Mal, it's okay. Dry up your tears and then we will go back to the dorms." Evie convinced her to go back to the dorms. On their way back, Mal was full of regret and sadness. She needed Ben in her life. Love really makes her blind. She was thinking Why did I fall in love with Ben... Why did I not tell Ben the truth and ask for forgiveness? He made me a better person. I need him... She felt empty, like all the love from Ben just drained out from her and she was left with nothing. When she reached the dorm, her tears began streaming down her cheeks continuously. She sat on her bed, empty minded, unsure of what to do, she missed Ben. A lot. It was like Ben was the only one that keeps her thinking and when he had gone out from her life, she couldn't think anymore, until the broken pieces were fixed. "I was going to tell Ben, but that Anastasia overheard and recorded it and let Ben listen to that recording so I didn't get to explain to him. I guess it's too late." Mal said to Evie, a sad expression written across her face. "Nothing's too late Mal. Anything is possible." Evie told Mal, trying to comfort her. 

On the other hand, Ben was confused, overwhelmed with sadness and anger. Anastasia was beside him, trying to calm him down and was stroking his arm with her hand. "Ben, I said that if you broke up with her ,you could consider me as your next girlfriend. And I won't be like her, I would never lie to you." Anastasia said and when she talked about Mal, she said her name in a hateful way with venom and she was trying to convince Ben to make her as his new girlfriend. She began to lean in and kiss his cheek when he pushed her away. "Leave me alone Anastasia. I still love Mal. So go away." he said, looking away from Anastasia. He thought that Anastasia had gone away but he didn't expect that she would kiss him on his lips when he turned his head. He didn't respond but he pushed her away. "When can you understand what I mean by I don't want you and that I only love Mal?!" Ben said harshly towards Anastasia. After this, Anastasia just walks off and Ben just went back to his room and he sat there and started thinking Why did Mal lie to me? Does she even love me? If she does, why did she lie to me?  I miss her. I need her. What Ben had forgotten when he was sad, was that at his bedside table, there was a frame holding a picture of Mal and him, and when he saw that photo, he had tears streaming down his face. "Mal... I need you... Why did you lie to me?" he said. He sat there on his bed with a blank look, not sure on what he should do, Ben misses Mal. A lot. 

A/N: Hey there! Well, this is Chapter 2. :(( Ben broke up with Mal :(( I guess the title isn't what it seems like. I think I know you guys were maybe thinking that someone was confessing their feelings or something. But we're sorry to disappoint you. We are really sad to make them break up :(( Anyways, enjoy your day! xoxo Winter and Autumn