↣ six

six - Riley Why

Lexi climbed up the rusty metal ladder that had freshly spots of blood splattered onto certain parts.

Her bottom lip trembled seeing Riley Marra; her own twin sister, the person she's held so many memories with since birth was lying in her blood that spreaded around her own dead body.

''No no, Riley no'' She mumbles between her set of tears as she was kneeled in front of her.

She bit onto her bottom lip, hesitating on where to touch her.

''Why? Why did you-''

She interrupted herself with her sobs chocking out of her. Shaking her head vigorously, she started to pin this all on herself.

''I was here. I was here, I-I could've done something.''

Emma stepped away from the ladder and stood by, watching the scene unravel itself with her own tears streaming down her cheeks.

She pulled her hair back, revealing the veins that showed visibly on the side of her head as she bit onto her bottom lip.

Riley's blood cover the flesh of Lexi's hand, sobbing harder than she already was. ''I'm sorry. Riley I'm so sorry please please don't-''

She rested her head lightly against her chest, her cries muffled against her body.

Emma violently shook her head, looking up into the dark skies. ''I didn't mean to choose.''

Sirens were heard from a far, coming closer as the seconds go by.

× × ×

''Hey! Hey, 'Protect And Serve' My Ass!''

Lexi sat on the steps that lead to the police station, dry tears stained her cheeks as every source of sound that surrounded her was stretched in echoes.

She knew Noah was here. She knew Audrey was here. She knew Piper Shaw was here to record for her crime show. She knew her deceased sister rolled past just zipped up in a body bag.

But she couldn't react. She was utterly numb.

This was something she could never move past from. Because a precious piece of her life was ripped away from her, and she could never get her back.

She could never recover from something like this.

''Where Was He? She Was Right Here!''

''Noah! Come on, breathe.''

His gaze averted everywhere until it landed on the solemnity of the deceased twin sister.

''Where Were You? You Were Here With Her!'' He yelled, pointing at her ever so accusingly.

Emma pulled him back, knowing that none of the blame could land on her sister.

Because she saw her broke down that night. She saw something out of Lexi that she has never seen since they've became friends.

''Noah! Stop, she was asleep.''

He started to laugh very dryly. ''Asleep? You Let You're Own Sister Die Because You Were Tired!''

''Noah!''

She looked up to Noah, his furious state brought her down even more than she already was tonight night.

'This can't get any worse.'

Lexi swallowed the extremely large lump that was formed in her throat and stood, walking down the rest of the steps there was left.