↣ nine

nine - Stupid Adult's

The temptaions of spurring the dozens of thoughts that raced her mind was slowly killing Lexi, leaving an entirely pissed Jake whose leg bounced out of irritation as he was literally prepared to snap at the spastic female.

After another moment of silence that included not only the leg bouncing, but lip and nail biting, Jake slammed his script against the wooden desk while overly exhaling.

''Lexi.. You're gonna end up exactly like Riley if you don't stop it.''

She gaped at him in offense, ignoring the whole Riley comment. ''Stop what?''

He brought his nails up to his mouth and mimicked a loud ticking sound, a image of a mouse appearing in Lexi's mind as she watches.

''I'm sorry..'' She breathes out as she places the printed script on top of the wooden table as well, only much softer compared to Jake.

''But how could people think I killed Riley? Give me one good reason Jake'' She pleads out of him.

The corner of his lips slants as shoulders rose high in a shrug. ''You do have that natural resting bitch face whenever we hang out.''

She shook her head out of oblivion, her hands in mid air to exaggerate her confusion. ''And what, am I suppose to change my face?''

Jake sighs and shakes his head, prepaired to speak again when the back door to Mr. Branson classroom opens that entered two police officers and Principal Showalter.

''Mr. Branson?''

The teacher himself turns to them, questioning ''May I help you?''

''Yes sir you can. We have some question for two of you're students; Audrey Jenson and Lexi Marra. We're gonna need you to come with us.''

× × ×

''Lexi Xania Marra, you're twin being the now deceased Riley Marra. Tell me about her.''

Lexi sat in the investigation room at the police station with a female cop sitting in front of her of the long grey stale table that was displayed in front of them as there was only one source of lighting that brightened dimly and low.

''I like that. You're all calm and chill right now, but once I start giving answers you'll twist them around to pin me as the bad guy. Nice'' She compliments, clearly dull in sarcasm.

''My job isn't to twist the truth. It's to find it.''

Lexi scoffs. ''That's right, you're job is to make assumptions.''

''Are you stalling?''

Lexi points at her. ''See.''

''This is a very serious session, I suggest you take it seriously otherwise the consequences will exceptionally hurt.''

Lexi narrowed her eye's at her. ''Was that a threat?''

Detective Rain kept her solemn and harden gaze as she spoke ''It's a promise.''

The corner of Lexi's lip twitches into a deceiving smirk. ''Whatever happened to not investigating minors without a guardian?''

The Detective straightens in her seat. ''You seem to know you're stuff.''

Lexi shrugs. ''When you have a oddly amount of knowledge to the humane brain of psychopath than you tend to pick up a few things.''

''One with an odd amount could only have so much if they know how to process it.''

Lexi tilts her head. ''Are you seriously accusing me of being a psychopath?''

Detective Raine opens her mouth to speak when she was interrupted of both of Lexi's parents rushing into the room.

''Lexi are you okay?''

Lexi looks up and smiles to her mother. ''I'm fine. Really, I just don't like how badly interrogated I'm being.''

''I only want to know a couple of things'' The Detective chimes in, intervening the little family check in.

With the furrow of her father's eyebrows, he asks with chest almost puff out ''Which is?''

The darker skin female only smirks before leaning into a box that had obviously contained some sort of evidence that related to the topic and pulled out a bag that withheld a knife. ''This is the knife that was used to kill you're twin. Found on the roof just this morning''

Lexi's dark brown colored locks bounced in different directions as she shakes her head out of confusion and oblivion. ''Okay..''

''Explain to me why you're fingerprints are on the handle?''

Shaking her head again, she answers ''I never touched that knife, I swear.''

''See I thought there was a chance of innocence for you're sake, but when I went to check security footage on that night it showed that during the exact time of her murder it was disabled. When it returned to normal you weren't there anymore.''

''I was asleep the whole ti- Ask Emma, she was the one who found me asleep at the station.''

''Yes but was it staged for when she 'found you'? Were you and Tyler behind this the entire time? Is that why he set up the whole police squad just so he could do you a dirty favor? Tell me, did he owe you because you did something for him in the first place?-''

''Like What?'' Lexi snaps, feeling attack with all these accusations being bottled up in this womans head.

''Like killing Nina Patterson?''

''That's Enough!'' Her mother yells, placing a hand on Lexi's shoulder.

Lexi's mother narrowed her eye's disgustingly at her. ''Could we speak to you for a second?''

With a nod of her head, the three adults exit the room.

Once the door closed shut, Lexi lets out a puff of air and tuggs her hair back from fustration.

× × ×

''Emma Duval came in and made a statement that she had to wake you up. I started to considered that maybe the murderer tampered you're DNA with the evidence. So you're free to go.''

Lexi ran out the police station, greeted by the cool breeze once she's entered the atmosphere. ''Lexi!''

Her neck snaps to see Noah walking over. She smiles softly at him and meets him halfway. ''You're here..''

He shrugs his shoulders as if this was nothing. ''I wanted to check up on you.''

''Other than the fact that everyone believes I killed my own sister, I'm pretty peachy.''

''Not everyone.''

She bites on her lower lip to surpresss the large grin that's urgin to be release on her lips.

''How about you?'' She breathes out. ''Anything happened while I was taken in?''

''Oh there are lots to discuss.''

Lexi snorts at his hyperactive behavior. Shame how quickly she was falling for the boy.

''We keep this love in a photograph.''

__________

Written: 09.07.2015

Edited: i think so...

Words: 1065