Chapter Four

Rigan was right about the dreams, and not only did I have two nightmares in one night, I woke on to yet another snowy day to see that my room had been trashed a whole lot more than it had before; my windows were wide open, my window pane drenched in rainwater; my desk had fallen over, which had sent my books and laptop sprawling on the floor; my photographs on the wall were either smashed or they were hanging on a nail's edge for their dear lives; and every bulb in the room had burst.

Rigan helped me tidy up, shaking her head. "Thank heaven I am trained to fight fatigue, otherwise we could have demolished Charlie's house together without even knowing and probably be buried under a pile of rubble."

"Not helping, Rigan."

"I wasn't trying to. I was only making a point."

At that point, I threw my pillow into her face, hitting her squarely on the nose. Rigan chuckled but patted my head like I was a little child. "Come on, sis, quit throwing a tantrum and get ready for school. "It's icy  and snowy out there so we need to leave early. Is it OK if I catch a ride in your truck with you?"

"Sure," I said meekly and went to take a quick shower, where I could poner on the nightmares that had caused to me to once again cause mass destruction among my posessions. 

The first one had been the fastest. I had seen myself and Rigan standing by my truck, listening to music and talking about something. Then, Tyler's SUV came into the lot at a speed that was completely suicidal for icy roads and it was swerving dangerously and heading straight for Rigan and me.

My second dream had been of Rigan and the Cullens. She had been standing at the small dock of a huge mesa in an equally large lake with fog and mist shrouding Rigan's view to the main land. The castle that stood behind her was teeming with kids aged five to nineteen in hallways more splendid than in any other castle or palace I ever visited; in the middle of the equally splendid court yard was the biggest and most magnificent rowan tree I ever laid eyes on.

Rigan, who was dressed in a black dress that fell down to her knees with a wide neck with stud detailing and cut out shoulders and long sleeves and Demonica Crypto 302 boots, was glaring at the Cullens as they approached her, some of them looking rather ashamed of themselves, apart from Rosalie. 

"You have some nerve showing your faces here, Cullens," Rigan had said, her jade eyes filled with jade coloured fire. "Haven't you caused enough grief?"

"For your information, Morrigan, we are invited!" Rosalie had said snappily, in a how-dare-you-talk-to-me-this-way-peasant kind of tone. "Not that it's any of your concern."

Rigan had laughed a cold and unbending laugh that still sent shivers down my spine thinking about it. "Not my concern? You have some nerve testing the patience of an angry Mordain, Rosalie Hale," she had said with nothing but malice coating her tone. "You and your goddamn so-called family have sent Eva into an early grave and put Rachel and Helen into comas and you're telling me this is none of my concern?! Who the hell do you think you are?!"

The next thing that happened was Rosalie being sent flying sky-high and then landing with an almighty splash back into the lake close to the dock by a single gold flash of Rigan's eyes. 

"That was not our fault," Edward had said coolly, glaring daggers at Rigan. 

"You had gotten yourselves in a fight with Dark Ones so yeah, it is your fault!" Rigan had shot back. "Get. The. Hell. Away. From. Here. Or. Else!"

That was when I woke up. So Rigan had blamed the Cullens for what happened to three of her colleagues or friends or whatever? Now it made a whole lot more sense why Rigan loathed them.