Chapter Five

Along with Tyler, Rigan and I were the centre of everyone's attention, much to Rigan's horror. She never did like the limelight, even though that's where she always stood out. Jessica even included her in the fund raising event for charity on Saturday that she was doing, which was a car wash but you had to dance while washing the car; Rigan was supposed to be the singer to entertain everyone. It was embarressing but fun; even the Cullens joined in and danced along to Rigan's singing.

However, Jessica started to get on many people's nerves, especially mine. She kept bossing me around, telling me to sweep away water or fill more buckets; "Do something productive," she kept saying, giving me smiles that hinted no kindness. The more she said something to me, the more annoyed I got.

Mike, Eric, Tyler and some other guys then staged a water fight to get the cars washed in quicker time, and guess who Jess decided to elect to sweep up the damage. Yours truly, naturally. I glared disdainfully at the water, and the next thing I know, a small orange and yellow blaze had sprung up from nowhere. As I continued to look at it in annoyance and awe, the blaze snaked its way along the water of the puddle as if the water was gasoline towards the car that belonged to Angela's mother; within a few seconds, the flames had surrounded the car and were starting to eat away at it.

People started screeching like banshees.

"Get buckets of water!"

"OMG! Ange, your mom's car is on fire!"

"Someone get the nearest fire extinguisher!"

"How the hell did a fire start? That's not even gasoline!"

Someone began shaking me gently. "Bella. Bella! Bella, wake up!"

As my concentration on the fire dimmed, the flames started to die as well. As soon as I had blinked rapidly a few times, the blaze was gone and Angela's mom's car was charred at the sides and the air had begun to smell of melting rubber and it was disgusting. Smoke was billowing from under the car bonnet, with Angela's mom waving her hands about and raging.

I turned around to see that Rigan was looking at me in amazement. "Rigan?" I said.

"Control your emotions," she said. 

I glared at my sister. Suddenly, I was tired of her telling me off like some naughty school child. I was doing my best, but all she had was critisism with none of the constructiveness in them. The next thing I knew, Rigan had been launched into the air and landing back first into buckets of water, soaking her, Mike, Angela, Lauren and Marco.

Suddenly, my expression softened. What had I done?! 

Rigan had scrambled to her feet, breathing heavily, her gazed fixed on me and I knew I had really hurt her; mentally, not physically. I had attacked one of my own. The next thing I knew, a bucket of water that had been near me had launched the water in it into a geyser and completely drenched me from flesh to bone. I watched, ashamed and guilty, as Rigan stormed away, with Marco in hot pursuit.

For the rest of the weekend, Rigan did not say a word to me. Whenever I entered the room, she would pretend that every chair I sat in was empty. At this, I wanted to cry but I knew that would not dissolve Rigan's rage. Not to mention that the poor electricity flickered nervously whenever Rigan entered a room.

On Sunday evening, the whole town had gathered in the square for an evening of dance and music. Since Rigan was in the band who would be playing, I hung out with Angela, Jessica, Mike, Eric and Tyler, who was still trying his absolute best to make it up to me for almost killing me. Mostly, though, I watched Rigan on stage, mesmerised by how professionally she was handling her stage fright, although her eyes said it all; she just wanted to get it over with.