Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is a re-write of Reflections! I have unpublished all and slowly posting one chapter at a time. :) I hope it's alright to do so, there will be changes made through the story so please do re-read this. Sorry so much for the wait and now re-writing!

  A certain pink-haired ninja yawned as she sped towards the Hokage tower. I wonder what Hokage-sama wants at two in the morning... She thought to herself, silently opening the window to her office and slid in. Sakura found her teacher face down in a pile of papers and scrolls, drool trailing out of her mouth while she hugged a bottle of sake.

  "Hokage-sama."

  The sleeping blonde made no sounds of hearing Sakura, instead she seemed to fall deeper into her sleep. The pinkette sighed before accidentally tipping some bottles of sake off the desk. Tsunade shot up from the table, eyes wide before realizing it was her student. The Slug Princess took her time wiping off the ink imprints on her cheek and the drool from her mouth.

Normally, one would expect the Hokage to be complaining about the loss of her sake, imagine one's surprise when she took no notice of the shattered glass and a puddle of alcohol right next to her. Instead her gaze was focused on the figure standing in front of her. She found herself staring into the cold and jaded eyes that once radiated with happiness and smiles. Her brows furrowed, a frown appearing before it disappeared.

  Sighing inwardly, Tsunade remembered the happiness that used to radiant off the pinkette, the smiles that once reached those shining emeralds. Now, her former student rarely smiled anymore, if she did, it was always fake. A facade. It all started when Naruto, Sai and Kakashi left the village to find Sasuke. The young girl was already heartbroken when left behind on a bench, now it seems, no one can pick up the shattered pieces anymore. Not after her comrades left despite the promise Naruto made to never leave her alone, behind.

Sakura's eyes narrowed dangerously when she saw the faraway look in her teacher's eyes. She knew what was in her mind. After all, every time the two were to meet, she knew Tsunade would remember the past. No one in Konoha can forget what had happened. The day the rest of Team 7 left, without her.

  "Tsunade-shishou? You called?"

  A pink head poked through the door, before she closed the door behind her. Sakura blinked confused upon seeing the solemn look on her teacher's face. She was told to sit, so she did.

  "Is it a mission shishou? Where's Naruto? Sai? Kakashi-sensei..."

  She trailed off when she got no response. She sat there confused more than ever. Silence fell across the room before a minute later it was broken by a quiet but distressed mutter.

  "Here."

  A piece of folded paper was given to her, she took it, noticing her name written in sloppy handwriting. She recognised this handwriting, it was from Naruto. Opening it, she read to herself.

  'To Sakura-chan,

  We're going to bring Sasuke-teme back! Kakashi-sensei and Sai are coming along with me. I won't break the promise I made you! Believe it! I'll drag his ass back here if I have to!

  Naruto'

  Shaking her head, Sakura got rid of the memory from her mind. It was better not to remember, it wasn't worth her tears, they weren't worth her tears. She was better now. Stronger. No longer the weak girl in her genin days. She was ANBU captain now.

Even though she hates the bastard, she had to thank Danzo for 'encouraging' her to take the ANBU test after finding her tending her wounds under a tree she received from her self-training. He had one of his Root ANBU help her become stronger in exchange for her royalty to him after she became ANBU. She agreed, of course she knew she wasn't going to follow his orders. She was loyal to Tsunade and the Village Hidden in the Leaves only.

Secret meetings were soon arranged between the trainer and student, after a year or so of training, she passed the test with flying colours. She was later promoted to Captain after coming back with little to no scratches and completing the imaginable.

  "Sakura, there's a mission I wish for you to complete," Tsunade began, breaking her out of her memories. "along with some special...guests."

  'Guests?' She didn't need any help in missions, who were the 'guests' she speaks of?

  "Please come in."

  The door screeched open, a hyper loud voice echoed her name.

  "Sakura-chan!"