Chapter 3

Savanna's point of view

I sat at the coffee table, my files scattered everywhere, a notepad in front of me and a large mug of coffee to my side. It was two in the morning and I was up trying to link all of the mishaps and suspects together like some kind of detective.

Well, I guess I'm kind of like a detective. I have the skills and have been given that job before... but that's besides the point.

So far, the most I've gotten was that one of the suspects has the same surname as Michael and that I, for sure, know a man who has the last name of Irwin. I just need to think of who it was.

I also have that Michael saw an unknown man with blonde hair with a rather large body shape in his dressing room before and that their old house in Melbourne had been attacked and invaded, causing him the injury on his side.

I bit the tip of my pen and then I went to write down a few more facts that I know. There wasn't much, but it was enough to make the assumption this Clifford guy may be after Michael. The question though, is why is he after him?

"What are you doing? It's two in the morning." I heard a sleepy and confused voice. "Shouldn't you be asleep? Not studying or whatever?"

"I have work to do." I answered Luke's questions and he took a seat beside me. "I'm not sure if you want to see this all. I don't want to panick you." I said as I grabbed my coffee, taking a quick drink of it.

"I just want to know what's going on." He said and I nodded as he grabbed my notepad. I set my coffee down and then began to put the papers and folders away.

"Clifford? Jason Clifford? Who's that?" He questioned as I neatly stacked the folders aside. I looked at the blonde who was already looking at me, and then I shrugged my shoulders.

"Your guess is as good as mine Hemmings." I said and he read through the rest. "Don't question Irwin, I don't know that either. I need to look into these things some more." I said and he nodded.

"You know about Melbourne?" He asked and I nodded. "How?" He asked me as he set my notebook down and looked at me.

"I'm kind of required to know about your past occurances and to try and prevent them from happening again." I answered and he nodded. "I went down to a police station in Melbourne and they have me the details."

"Thet just give it to anyone who asks?" He questioned, shocked and upset. "He just told you our personal information?"

"The chief deputy is my boss's close friend. He knew I was on a mission regarding you four so he told me everything he knew." I said with a chuckle. "You're safe buddy, don't worry about it. They don't just tell anyone these things."

"Okay." He said and nodded. "Did you set up the cameras already? I didn't see you." He told me and I nodded.

"After I unpacked I set them up. There are two in each hallway, four outside, three in the living room, two in the garage, two in the basement, one in the kitchen, three in the room by the front door, and a two in the attic." I explained and he nodded.

"Why so many?" He asked me and I looked at him. "Are we really in that much danger?" He asked quietly.

"Indeed my friend," I said honestly and he looked down at his lap. "But it's okay. Don't worry about it. You all will be okay, trust me. Like that one song, how does it go?" I asked and tapped my fingernails against the table.

"Oh!" I said as I remembered it. He looked at me and I cleared my throat. "Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done." I sang and he laughed lightly as I nudged him.