Chapter 34

Savanna's point of view

I stepped out on the elevator and saw three figures. Two were standing by each other and one was laying unconscious by an airvent.

I took a deep breath and walked over to them, careful not to give myself up. As I got closer, I realized that it was Jason and Michael who were standing. William must be the unconscious one.

"You took everything from me! My own parents didn't want me because you were born!" Jason yelled at a terrified Michael. He was standing near the edge of the building too.

"I didn't mean too! I didn't know what was going on! I didn't even know you existed until a few months ago when this all started!" Michael cried as he took a step back. "I'm sorry!"

I went up to Jason and Michael made the mistake of looking behind him. Jason chuckled and suddenly an elbow was smashing against me, causing me to gasp.

"You think you're slick?" Jason asked and turned around. He walked towards me and I looked at him. "You're not shit." He said and I stumbled some more as he punched me in the nose.

"I never said I was." I said and he laughed as he grabbed me. "If you want Michael, you have to get through me." I said, shivering slightly since I was only in a bra, some skinny jeans, and my combat boots.

"That will be easy." He said and he grabbed me by the hair. I gasped in pain and screwed my eyes shut. "You can't fight."

"I can." I said and kneed him a bit. He dropped me and my back hit an airvent as my bottom slammed against the roof. "Fuck!" I yelled in pain, the cut on my shoulder blade hurting even more. I could feel the blood drip down my back a bit.

After this, I'm going to a doctor for a blood test. Lord knows how many diseases I'll have from a the extra blood that hit my cuts and got inside.

I kicked his ankle and then grabbed his wrist, yanking him down with me. "You're mine." I said and then pulled my fist back.

He pushed me off of him before I could hit him and my head hit the edge of another airvent. God dammit, not again. "You're practically dead Savanna." He said to me and picked me up by the hair.

"I won't die, not by you at least." I said, spitting some blood into his face. "You'll die by me." I told him but I had no energy to fight him. It was an empty threat, we both knew it.

"I don't have to worry about you anymore." He said and tossed me aside. I grunted in pain as I landed on my arm wrong and a small scream escaped my lips.

I think it's broken...

This mission has me really fucked up man. After this, I'm taking the next three to four months off for myself, and maybe see Luke if he doesn't hate my guts.

I opened my eyes and looked around. My breathing was heavy and my sight was blurry. I looked beside me and despite my screwed up vision, I knew William was not just unconscious, the pool of blood around him proved me right.

I shakily stood up and Michael was in tears, begging Jason not to do it and that he could fix this all. "I don't want it fixed. What I want is for you to know how it feels to be dead. All my life I've felt dead and useless and like I didn't exist and matter to anyone. I lost everything that I could have ever had. It's your turn to feel that way."

I ran up to Michael as Jason shot and I could heard Rachael screaming from somehwere, probably the elevator. It felt like slow motion; me running to him, the bullet flying through the air, me pushing Michael out of the way, the piercing feeling of the bullet in my chest.

"I'll kill you!" I heard Rachael yell as I screwed my eyes shut, falling into someone's arms. "You're dead Jason. Fucking dead!"

"Savanna." Michael said and I looked up at me. "You didn't have to do that. Why did you so that?" He panicked as he looked at the bullet hole in my chest and pulled me away from the edge.