Chapter 28

Savanna's point of view

"Fucking hell William, be careful." I said as he just threw an ice pack on my ankle. "I think it's broken."

"It probably is." He said and walked up to me. He dabbed my cut lip a bit and I hissed. "Suck it up. It's just a little alcohol to clean it."

"How about I pour that bottle of alcohol on to an open cut of yours?" I growled at him. "I just killed four men, I can kill five." I said and he nodded.

"Fine, I'll try to be on your good side. What do you want? Pizza? Booze? Cigarettes?" He asked me and I laughed. "Don't laugh you idiot, you're hurt."

"I'll laugh if I want too."

"You need to recover in order to help the guys. Do you want to slow it down? Laughing just hurts your jaw and your stomach. It's not helping." He told me as he cleaned a few more cuts that I had.

"I guess you're right." I sighed and he smiled cockily. "Say some smart ass remark and I will put a bullet in your head."

"Where are the guys?" He asked me and I eyed him suspiciously. "Come on, I'm taking care of your wounds and helping you. Least you can do is give me a vague answer."

"They're at Rachael's apartment while she goes and looks for Ashton because he's missing." I told him and he nodded.

"He's gone?" He asked and I nodded. "My son is missing?" I nodded again and he threw the rag at the wall. "Why didn't you fucking tell me?"

"We'll god damn William I was busy last night. I had Luke up my ass-"

"Oh woah dude, literally?" He asked me and I gasped as I hit him upside the head. "It was just a question."

"No not literally you stupid nut." I said and he nodded. "I had a lot of things going on, I forgot to tell you okay? Plus, I'm still iffy on you."

"Regardless, you should have called me or something." He said and I rolled my eyes. "I'm his dad-"

"Who wasn't there his whole life. William, you can't use that excuse." I said and he glared at me. "My dad can't even use that excuse and I knew the man."

"The least you can fucking do is not be so damn rude and realistic with me when I'm the one tending to your wounds okay? If I was allowed to, I would have been in his life but Anne forced me away from him. It's not entirely my fault." He snapped at me.

"It's not mine either so loose the tude." I snapped at him and he sighed. "I mean, shit, I wasn't even born then so I don't know why you're taking it out on me."

"Let's not argue. We don't need arguing right now. We need to work as a team to take down this guy and get Ashton back." He told me and I nodded.

"You're right. We shouldn't fight. Let's just, try to stop being so shitty towards one another and try to be... nice. Maybe we can do it." I told him. "We're adults. Fighting and shitty behavior is for teenagers."

"Right."

-

"God dammit Savanna! I'm not your slave!" William snapped at me and I pouted. "Get up yourself."

"My ankle."

"Suck it up agent. I'm trying to track the location chip I put in Ashton's phone while he was sleeping. I did it to all of you." He said and I huffed.

"Smart move, really stalker-ish but smart move." I told him and stood up slowly. I limped towards him and sat down cross-legged.

I whined in pain as I put pressure down on my ankle and then adjusted my position so that I had my feet on top of his lap. He rolled his eyes and I looked at the laptop.