Chapter 5

Maxon's pov.
Why did Kriss kiss me? She knows that I only love America. Something's up. Right now I need to focus on America and telling her the truth. After an hour or so of sitting in the dark in the Twins room I decided to go back to mine and America's room. When I get there I see she's asleep. I sigh and Lay on the bed, I wrap my arms around her and she snuggles into me. I smile and fall asleep.

*next morning*
I wake up to America getting out of bed. "Good morning, dear." I say. She ignores me. "Amer-" she cuts me off, "don't talk to me!" She practically yells. I bite my lip to hold in my cry. She looks at me, I see her eyes soften, "maxon...why?" She asks. A tear rolls down my cheek, "she kissed me, America. Please believe me." I beg. She sighs, "I want to, but I can't." I grab her hand and kiss it, "I love you." I say. "I-I love you, too." She says, almost like she forced it. I look into her eyes, I lean in for a kiss. She stands up, "no, no. Maxon, I'm sorry." She runs out. I run after her, "America!" I yell, then the rebel alarm goes off, oh no. A guard pushes me into the safe room, I run down the stairs, please be in here with the twins America. Once I get there I see her hair, "America, the twins?" I ask. "Marlee has them." She says and points to Marlee, thank the lord. I hug America as tight as I can. "I love you." I mumble. "I love you, too." She says, she looks happy. I pull her into a kiss. She doesn't pull away for a minute. When she does, "I believe you." She says. I smile, "you do?" She nods. "Thank you. I'm sorry." I say and kiss her forehead. we wait a few hours in the safe room.

*dinner*
The rebels were gone, so many people died. I have a feeling Kriss had something to do with it. We're sitting at the table eating in silence. "America, dear. Slow down." I say, I notice she's eating very fast. "I'm sorry, I'm just so hungry. I don't know why." She says. I nod slightly and continue to eat.

*after dinner*
After dinner America and I put the twins to bed, "goodnight warrior." I say to Aaron and kiss his forehead. "Goodnight dada." He says.
"Goodnight princess." I say to Blair. "Goodnight daddy." I smile and kiss her forehead. America does the same, we turn off their light as we walk out. We walk to our room and get ready for bed. I crawl into bed with America. I wrap my arms around her, "goodnight dear." I say. "Goodnight Maxon."
She kisses me, "I love you." I say. "I love you, too." She says smiling. She closes her eyes, "go to sleep." She says. I pout, "but I want to talk." I say. She giggles, "about what?" She asks.
"Umm, how was your day?" I ask. "Pretty bad." She says. "Mine too." I say. She frowns with her eyes still closed, "why?" She asks. "Well, the rebels took out more than half of our staff." I say. She snuggles into me, "it will be okay." She says her head on my chest. "Okay." I say and play with her hair. All of a sudden she gets up and runs to the bathroom, I follow her. She leans down and throws up into the toilet. I hold back her hair and rub her back. "Are you okay?" I ask. She nods and sits on the floor crying. I pick her up and Carry her to be he bed. "Shh, it's okay." I say wiping her tears. She sniffles and lays down. I kiss her forehead and lay next to her. She falls asleep, I fall asleep also.