t w e l v e

That night I Skype James and tell him all about what happened last night, with my parents and Em.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, Riley, I shouldn't have let you."

"No it's okay, it was me who came in anyway, and I wouldn't have been able to sleep in there. I don't normally have a room to myself, I share with Em."

"Ohmigod Riley, I didn't know, I'm so sorry!"

"Nah, it's okay James, and I liked it."

"It could've been better," he smirks

"James! Gosh, please grow up! Emily's in here!"

James laughs, but stops talking about that topic in particular. I hear voices on the end of the line "sorry Riley I've got to go now (yes coming mum) talk to you soon Riley!"

"Bye James," I say as I close the lid of my laptop.

"Riley," says Em "seriously, I know about what I said at the dinner table, but you need to be careful with him, and what he was implying, okay, you're my baby sister and I want to look out for you."

I glance up at her; she's sounding very motherly and overprotective of me. "I'm okay to make my own decisions, Em, and I'm not going to be having sex or anything with him anytime soon, okay, it's my life, not yours!" I say calmly.

I can feel myself getting frustrated, but I turn off the light to get some sleep, and distract me from my anger.

I fall asleep dreaming about James.