s e v e n t e e n

With Internationals nearing, James and I have got closer. We spend so much time and effort on our duet that we spend basically ever minute at dance together, doing what we live, together.

James and I are looking forward to Internationals so much that it's almost all we talk about, but I, being me, am extremely anxious about the prestigious competition. We will be competing against some of the best teams in the world. The entire world. And it's very daunting.

Time goes extremely quickly in the next couple of months, I compete with my school for a small competition, where we come second, Jemma and co still bully me, Liv remains my best friend, and obviously I'm still irrevocably in love with James.

My parents have gradually adjusted to the fact that I'm properly serious with James, even though he's my first boyfriend, and they finally let me have him round to sleep over. I can't wait to tell him the good news.

"James!" I say excitedly into my phone.

"Hey, wassup Riley,"

"My parents have finally given into me and you can sleep over!"

"Awesome, when?" He replies, sounding just as excited as I do.

"Can you come tonight, or is that too soon?" I ask him.

"Sure, and it's no way too soon." He replies and I know he's smiling.

"Can't wait, bye!"

"Bye, love you, see you soon!"

"Love you too!" And I hang up, on the verge of screaming with my excitement.

"Em! James can finally sleep over!"

She groans. "Oh no, please no Riley." She doesn't share the same pleasure with me.

She gets up and pins up a blanket in the middle of our room.

"Riley, you and James stay your side, and don't cross over. Oh and I can still hear everything you say and do, so be warned." I half expect her to cackle, but luckily that stays in my head.

"Sure, sure, Em, whatever keeps you and me happy."