Chapter 1

Samantha:
She sits up on the hospital bed filled with joy that her son Angel Martinez was finally born into this world.
As the doctor gives him to her she thinks in her mind wishing that her husband was there to see his son but of course he wasn't.

When she got home she couldn't put the baby down she didn't want to leave his sight she was so attached to him already , While she was sitting there playing with angel she heard the door bell ring and quickly got up to open it and in the door way she saw her husband Damien staring at her looking guilty

" Now you wanna come around? " she said as she rolls her eyes at him

"I mean that is my kid right might as well come to see if its mine" he says

She looks at him like are you serious my nigga obviously that's your fucking kid. She let's him in as he walks past her into the house.

"Wow" he says "he looks alot like me"

"Duh I don't know why you wouldn't think he's your kid you know I only want you and love you but ur dumbass is always thinking I'm with another man when I'm not" she says getting more and more angry thinking about the whole situation

" well I have my doubt's and my reasons samantha so don't even start with that" he says still looking at the baby

She looks at him and can't believe what she's hearing but still can't help but feel love for this man. Samantha walks to the baby as Damien surprisingly kisses her.

" you know I love you right?" He says , she didn't want to believe him because she knew if he really loved her he wouldn't always think she's cheating on him

He looks at her with love in his eyes and starts kissing her passionately making Samantha feel loved.

"I swear to you imma be here for our kid imma be different imma change I promise" he says , they look each other in the eyes as samantha feels a smile coming across her face.

"Ok baby I believe u I love you to" she says

(A few weeks later)

Samantha wakes up crying and exhausted. She gets up and goes and sees Angel crying his eyes out , she picks him up in her arms still crying trying to calm him down.

25mins go by and Angel was still crying Samantha tried everything in the book to make him stop crying but he wouldn't , upset and aggravated she goes over to her phone with Angel still crying on her shoulder and calls Damian.
••••••

"Hello"

"Samantha why u calling me this late u know I need my sleep"

"U should be over here taking care of your son like you said remember? "

He sucks his teeth laying up in his bed , "I told you that's not my kid remember that?" He says acting like he don't know what she's talking about.

"So u really gonna sit here and tell me that's not ur kid" she says getting angry thinking "he doing the same bullshit again"

"Exactly that I'll give u some money to help you out or whatever but as we all know that's not my kid got it?"  he hangs up the phone.

Samantha throws her iPhone against the wall outta anger and she notices that Angel stopped crying and goes back into the room quietly as she puts him down back in his crib and Samantha's eyes start to get watery as she cries walking out the room into the living room.

"I can't believe this man he's never gonna change I can't put up with this shit anymore "I need a father for this child and it definitely ain't gonna be him" she says pacing back in forth in the living room. Pretty soon after that she comes to her senses that she's just gonna have to do this on her own till he owns up to it before heading to bed and going to sleep.

As the weeks went by Samantha was still handling anything that had to do with Angel on her own , she was stealing his clothes, milk, baby food just so Angel could get by since Damien wasn't really around to help out everything ended out in a struggle for Samantha the first year of Angels life.

Since Damien was never around Samantha ended up having to go on welfare and was practically homeless.

Samantha headed to target with Angel in his stroller cause they were running out of food for Angel so it was now or never.

"Damn $10.00 for baby clothes? u gotta be kidding me" Samantha looks around her area making sure no one was looking at her as she put the clothes in the stroller and headed to the next aisle to see if there was anything cheaper for her to buy.

She looks around some more and still doesn't see anything that fits her budget , while she still couldn't find anything that was cheap she did her usual and stuffed everything she wanted for Angel in the stroller and moved on with her day like it never happened and exited the store.

••••••

"Look Samantha I don't want you with this fucking joke anymore look how he got you!" Her brother Xavier says getting all in her face.

"Look I understand he hasn't been around but he still brings in money" Samantha says trying to cover for Damien but she knew what Xavier was saying was true.

"BULLSHIT! That's nothing compared to seeing ur son and being the father he's suppose to what the fuck is wrong with u Samantha? I thought mom taught you better then this" he says getting more pissed off by the second. "AND ON TOP OF THAT HE DONT EVEN THINK THATS HIS KID! yo leave this guy Now Samantha.

Samantha doesn't really know what to say at this point but she doesn't want to believe a word Xavier says.

"Look he's gonna change ok? I know he is, don't treat me like I'm alil fucking girl anymore Xavier cause I'm not now get outta my face she says pushing him back against the dining table.

"Don't fucking push me because your ass don't know a worthless nigga when you got one" Xavier couldn't understand that what Samantha thought they had was love and no one was gonna change her mind.

"Xavier get outta my face before-- Xavier gets back in her face and speaks before she could even finish.

"Before what huh? U gonna hit me? Do it i fucking dare you cause I'll beat the shit outta you if I have to bitch"

Samantha gulps tensing up scared because she knows what her brothers capable of and she just stays quiet.

"You don't mean shit to me no more u understand me you live a fucked up life with a man who don't give a shit go ahead but don't come to me no more for help cause I'm not helping, you ain't worth shit either if you gonna stay with a nigga like him" Samantha sees the anger in his face getting worse and worse.

As she speaks it sounds like she's about to cry at the fact that her brother would say this to her ,someone who's always been by her side even through crazier shit than this "Fuck you Xavier"

"Fuck you to then good luck by yourself let's see how far you get" Xavier says as he walks out slamming the door behind him so hard the the frame next to it falls and the glass shatters into a thousand little pieces.