IV - Proof

After I had rolled up to school in my new Mercedes - which was awesome by the way - I noticed that Jamie and his posse where in their usual spot on the school's left wall.

Jamie was leaning against the worn down brick structure while the rest of the group, consisting of Jackson, Chris, Shawn, along with some other meatheads, douchebags, and womanizers, stood around him with most of their backs facing the parking lot.

Deciding that I didn't want to continue this hostility that had been built between Jamie and me, I stalked over to the wall facing the parking lot with my back pressed against the brick.

For just a second I peeked over the corner to see my victim and planned to, hopefully, make him whiz his pants.

Just as I was about to attack I heard a familiar, pervy voice say, "So, Jamie. Did you at least get some?"

Chris.

I rolled my eyes. He certainly did not.

There was a dramatic pause, "Hell yeah!" He dragged out his words, bragging.

Wait, bragging?

I felt a sudden sense of rage well up inside of me.

But, then I realized, he was a boy.

Boys lie.

Especially to their fellow perverted guy friends.

I sighed and peeked over the corner of the building again but this time, I met someone's grey eyes.

I shook my head at Jackson and covered my lips with my pointer finger.

He raised his eyebrows, sucked his lips and said, "But how'd you get away with it?"

I pressed my back against the wall again completely and utterly confused.

All thoughts of the prank were lost.

Jamie's response echoed my thoughts, "Get away with it?"

"Yea, you know," Jackson started, "with you having a girlfriend and all."
I blinked and, without thinking, I silently scratched my manicured fingers against the red brick.

Before I lost my head, I took a deep breath and continued to listen to the conversation the boys were having.

"Oh, please. That chick is so gullible. All I had to do was feed her a story about my dad and she believed it."

I thought I wanted to hear the whole story but since I had the overwhelming urge to scream I decided to listen my inner Jack Nicholson.

I can't handle the truth.

At least not right now.

I closed my eyes tight and when I opened them again, I didn't feel any better.

I need to go.

Plus, I have another physics quiz today.

That reminds me, I still have to call that tutor -

Man, I don't want to think about this!

I think it's time for a drive.

A long one.

I didn't know where to go.

All I knew what that I wanted to escape.

I just went back home.

And not my aunt's house.

Actual home.

I only did this because my aunt doesn't drink and right now, I could really use one.