Chapter 4: A Match in the Dark

Mikasa's POV
I walked back down the hallway, thinking of what Levi has gone through to try and comprehend how he always keeps a sorrowful face. I sat back down next to Eren at the table and saw them all give me a look of confusion when I sat silently. Eren was about to ask me when I answered. "He was just questioning me, he'll question everyone at some point." They took that answer as enough and continued talking while I sat there silent, just thinking. A bell rang telling us to get to our rooms so we could settle in. We were all told to put on the soldier uniforms along with the wings of freedom capes so I had changed into it. It was already 8:00 pm and we were to go to bed but Eren was told to do something tomorrow unlike the others. I needed to figure out what.

Levi's POV
"You can have Eren for questioning tomorrow to understand his power more clearly." I answered so I didn't need to listen to her whining all of tomorrow when we need to train. She had left the room and I had changed into nightwear so I could head to sleep but when I sat down on my bed I heard a voice. "What will Eren be doing tomorrow?" Mikasa emerged from the shadows. "Just being questioned about his titan powers- nothing else." I replied straightforward. She came closer to me, her hair blowing slightly in the wind of my opened window. "If your lying I will not hesitate to decapitate you here and now." She said.
I answered quickly,
"I know, that's why I'm telling you."
She walked to the door of my room and turned to once more speak, " night Levi," and walk away. I'd say a good one.