Chapter 5: First Training Session

Levi's POV
I woke up and went to the training area to prepare for the day. Only some were awake and eating - it was only 5:30. Training started at seven and yet one person was already there ready for the training. " 'Morning Ackerman." I said as I continued looking at the documents I was checking. She, surprisingly, saluted me. "Tch. Put your arms at rest we both know you don't really care." I said, still not looking up from my documents. She put her arms to her side and just stood there. I look up and see her, her eyes. They were so full of terror and shame and sorrow almost as much as mine. She was definitely  thinking, not sure what about but she just was.  I continued reading my documents when I realized what I had just done.

I just smiled.

For the first time in god knows how long I had genuinely, non sarcastically, smiled. I touch my hand to my forehead suddenly feeling the lack of sleep I had gotten the previous night.

••••••••Spuper fabulous time skip•••••••
Eren's POV
It was time to start training for the day and me and Armin were next to Mikasa  but I'm having trouble focusing. When walking to the mess hall I saw something never seen in a while- Levi genuinely smiling. I haven't seen him much but I know all the obsessive girls would say he's never smiled before which is untrue, yet almost accurate. It's not just the shock of him smiling, it was the fact that he was smiling at

Mikasa.
I hope she wasn't being a smart ass again - that'll get her kicked out. And it wasn't like a friendly good morning smile- it's unexplainable... Kinda like he was just smiling at the fact she was there. Was it-no way... Does he think she's cute? That's hilarious but I'll  keep it to myself. Anyways, back to training. It's just hand on hand combat and I don't think it's very necessary for killing titans. Well, better get fighting instead of these weird assumptions.

Mikasa's POV
It's funny how he thought I didn't notice his smile. It was cute that he was smiling at me when I was waiting- wait... Did I just say Levi's cute? No don't think about it you have to train. I focus again but look out of it. Some cadet I was 'fighting' charged at me when I just kicked him in the face. Some people nearby immediately turned but Levi was pushing though a crowd. My 'fighting buddy' stood and looked very dizzy. Someone yelled for a medic to run over when we all saw the unexpected. Levi slapped him across the face. Straight up slapped him. My 'bad ass' partner stood up from the shock and we all looked in terror. All he said was, "He's in shock now, not pain." Before walking off away from the group, his cape fluttering behind him as he walked away.