Chapter4

When I walked into the house I set my messages bag on the floor next to the stairs. I walked a little was along a wall until it lead to a opening. When I walked into that opening it was the way to the dinning room and kitchen. I looked into the kitchen and there stood Evie she had curly brown hair that went down to her waist, and at the end of her she had light blue highlights.

****Thoughts****

Evie is my best-friend / sister/ mom. After I left the hospital and changed my look and style I just went anywhere I could to get some sleep. One day she saw me sleeping on a bench. She came over and asked me if I was okay, and if I needed a ride. I couldn't tell her the truth or she would be able to know what I look like now. Also the police will have all lead on where to watch for me. So I lied to her and told her I was a foster kid that ran away from the Foster home, then I found a family, but they dumped me on the side of the road. Also if I went back they would put me in the basement and wouldn't let anyone foster me. She felt bad for me so she left me stay with her. Also she never had a sister, so I was like her little sister.

****Done****

I gave Evie a big innocent smile.

"Heeeyyyy" I said
"Don't heyday me you are 32 minutes late you were suppose to be here at 6 o'clock."
"I know I'm sorry I didn't realize that I was late leaving the library and I ran into some trouble." I lied
"Ok well you didn't miss dinner Ashton is getting off work late today."

Evie doesn't know that go to the skate park only that I go to the library for reading instead of what I really do.

"So who that boy you were with?"
"Huh oh Matt, Yeah he was new here and he needed help finding a book and when I left he asked to ride help me home." I lied
"Oh ok what was in the note he gave you?"
"Huh oh I almost forgot about that."
I reach for the note that was in my back pocket. When I opened it there was a number written and under it said " text me:)".

"It says "thank you for your help mabey I will see you later" and it has a smiley face." I lied
"Really no number?"
"Nope...."
Before I could finnish someone walked through the front door. After a moment a man with dirty blond hair walks around the corner wearing a police uniform. The man was Ashton Evie's boyfriend but we call him Ash sometimes and it is mostly Evie that calls him that. Me and Ashton don't get along much and I honestly don't know why. But I do know that a little bit is because he works for the police. He is actually the assistant of Detective Davenport and Shawn. Also another reason is because he thinks there is something wrong with me so he is always trying to catch me doing something wrong or whatever.

"Hey honey." Evie says with a big smile as she walks over and give him a hug."
"Hey baby." He says in his deep voice as Evie gets on her tippy toes to give him a hug." Hey Nova." He says letting go of Evie's hug.
"Hey Ashton." I say walking past them to the table.

When I sit down I get my phone out to act like I'm busy. I look in the kitchen to see Evie and Ashton all the way on the other side of the kitchen whispering. When I look at them Ahston is dent over to listen to Evie. Ashton is like 6'5 and Evie is 5'4 so they have a little stretch. I look back down at my phone and not 5 minutes after Ahston comes to the table and sits at the end of table. (Which is where he sites ever time he eats with use.) Then Evie brings use our plates that she already made. On it was her famous Chicken Fried Chicken, mash potatoes, and green beans. Evie sat down not saying anything w h rich was unusual, but she sat in her original spot which is right across Ashton. So I am in the middle were I have Ahston on my right and Evie on my left. After five minutes of total silence it was weird Evie always makes use talk about our day. I was looking down at my plate, but I notice that they were moving there lips but no noisy was coming out. After a while of them doing that I couldn't take it any more they obviously had something they needed to say so keep broke the silence.

"Is there something y'all need to say?" I ask looking between Evie and Ashton
They apparently in the middle of talking about because they were shocked that I heard them.
"Its nothing we just are...." She trailed off.
"Oh Nova can I ask you a question?" Ashton asked.
"Sure."
"Where were you today?"
"At the library where I am like ever day."
"You weren't near a crash site today or possibly saved someone today?"
"No."
"Really?"
"Yep."
"So what happened to you elbow?"

I look down to see my sleeve held up to where you could see half my bruise. I looked at Evie than back at Ashton. I thought for a minute to think what I was going to tell him.

"I was ridding my bike and I fell and hit a little brick wall."
"Really, because there was an accident regarding a drunk driver and little boy."
"Ok soo."
"So we questioned the mother of the little boy and she said that her little boy was saved by a girl named Nova and a boy named Matt. Also I asked her to describe the girl and she said that she had black hair and owns a black BMX bike.