Chapter 9

I was looking around the store seeing if I can find that figure.

"Ok here we are." Said the lady.

I turned around focusing on what I came here for.

"Thank you."
"You know what you friend it's doing for you it's really sweet."
"Yeah she is amazing, I owe her a lot."
"Well here is your medicine, I hopee to see you again."
"You to... Amy." I said looking aft her name tag.

We face each other a big smile. When I got out side I walked over t to the tree where my bike is. I went to grab my bike when my phone went off. I got it out of my pocket and it was a text from Matt.

Matt: Are you u ok?

I began to text him back when a car pulled you o right behind me. Before I could turn around someone pulled me in, and it wasn't a regular car it was a black van. When I got my footing I rammed my elbow into the person's gut. He let me go and I went toward the door.

"Wait Arissa." Said the man.

I stopped I'm my tracks. I turned around and when I got a good look at the man my heart stopped.

"Sean?" I say in a whisper.
"Hello Arissa." Sean said with a smile.

I froze I couldn't move. He walked toward me, then gave me a hug. I waited a minute before I hugged him back.

"How have you been?" He asked pulling away.
"Fine, but I haven't seen you sense well you know."
"Yeah well you haven't been texting me so I thought that I would
come see you in person. Have you heard anything from you know who?"
"No, and don't worry I will let you know if he finds a way to contact me."
"I know. Where are you now?"
"I'm staying with a new friend."
"Oh so it must be easy to keep you identity off the grid."
"Not really, my friend has a boyfriend that is a cop."
"Oh a cop."
"Yeah and not just any cop he works with the detectives that are looking for me and my family."
"Wow"
"Yeah."

Right after he s said that me phone went off. I looked down on the floor be my feet, it is filed upside down playing small part of "Shut up and Dance".I picked up my phone and on the lock screen was a text from Ashton.

Ashton: "Where are you?"

"Who's that?" Asked Sean.
"Ashton, he's wondering where I am."

Me: "on my way."

"I need to go. It was awesome to see you again."
"You to, let mite know if anything new comes up." He said pulling in for a hug.
"Don't worry I will."

I opened the door and hopped out of the van. When I turned to shut the door something stopped me, and told me to run instead. I didn't move for a minute but I shut the door, and got on my bike.

I rode my bike through the woods the same way I got to the pharmacy. I was almost to the road when I heard a pop, and my bike started going out of control. I stopped and when I looked at my bike my front tire was popped. I had to walk the rest of the way. When I got to my street I post Matt's house he was out side sitting on the porch.

"Hey Nova." He yelled running up to me.
"Hey."
"What happen?"
"Oh my front tire popped."
"Oh sorry, but I meant what happened this morning. Why did you do that?"
"Because they shouldn't get away with that, and I want going to let them."
"Well thanks."
"No problem."
"Hey, I have a spear I can fix your tire for you."
"Really?"
"Yeah!"
"That would be awesome, but I have to run this medicine to my friend."
"That's fine, it's not like you live far away."
"Yeah well I'll be back than."
"See you than."
I handed Matt my bike and starred up the road. I barely got have way home and my phone rang I thought it was Ashton.

Me:" I'm almost there Ashton I right down the road." I said right when I answered the phone.
Man:"Ashton sorry honey this any him." Said the man in a cold voice.
Me:" Who are you? What do you want?"
Man:"I want to play a game."
Me: "Well I don't so why don't you go jump off a bridge or something?"
Man: "now now is that a way to treat the man who has you family?"
Me: " what?"
Man "I see I have your attention now."
Me: "I don't believe you."
Man: Well you beter believe my sweet, but I know you won't check you phone. Also call me when your ready to play." Said the man before he hanged up.

I looked at my phone and there was one message. When I looked at the message there was a picture of my family tied up in chairs. I couldn't move or even breath. I stood still thinking of what I need to do.