Chapter 16

We headed down town to a little neighborhood. There was one person that I knew could help use.

"Jonny." I said as my old friend john opened the door.

"Arissa, I'm so glad to see you it's been so long." John said pulling me into a hug. "Is there something that I can do for you?"

"Yes, I need your help." I told John. He looked past me to look at Matt who was standing behind me. "Oh this is my friend Matt he's going to help, can we come in and talk about it?"

"uh.. yes, we can talk in the kitchen my parents are out so we wont have to worry about them being back any time soon." John said stepping aside allowing use to enter.

"Cool." I said walking into his house and into the kitchen. " Matt go ahead and sit down." I told him pulling out a chair and started to walk back to John, but as I walked by Matt he grabbed my arm.

"Nova is everything okay?" Matt asked with so much concern on his face.

"Yeah I'll explain just have a seat." I said placing my hand on top of the hand that was on my arm. Matt looked at me for a minute than sat down. When I turned around John was walking into the kitchen. " Did you lock the door and is your back door locked? We can't risk anyone walking in and knowing I'm here." I asked my palms sweeting with what I'm about to do.

"Yes, don't worry I made sure both locks are locked." He said placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Okay good now the really tough part." I said looking at Matt.  I thought about if I should go through with my plan and I thought it would be best.

I walked over to the table and sat down with Matt. "Would y'all like anything to drink?" John asked

"Water please." I responded

"Me too." Matt said

We waited for John to sit down and we had our waters. Me and john looked at each other for a minute before I decided I wanted to go through with my plan. " Matt umm.. sorry this is really hard for me to say but this is something I really need to tell you, but before I do I need to know you have my back." I asked looking at my water.

"Of course Nova I will always be there for you." He said placing his hand on mine.

"Well this may include breaking some laws and lying to your parents, and the reason I want to tell you this is because you are so nice to me and I want you to know the truth."

"Okay I can do that." He said rubbing his thumb on my hand."

"Well to start off is the hardest of all for me to tell you but my name is not Nova...." I said looking up from my water and up to him, his thumb stopped moving and his and moved off of mine. "My real name is Arissa and the reason I changed my name is because when I was 14 I was kidnapped. The people who kidnap me kept me for weeks but then let me go and there was a stalker after them that got to me. He attempted to kill me and when he failed he took my family. So I went off and changed my identity and here I am the police and two detective that were on that case are still looking for me." I said taking a quick drink of water " After the attack I never heard from the stalker again until the other day he called me and sent me a pic of my family. So I went to the police station undercover as my old identity and told them. "

"You are the run away witness" Matt said

"Yes that is what really happened not being attack in the ally way I had to lie, but that is why I brought you hear to tell you this because I hated lying to you also I need your help." I said looking at Matt waiting for an answer, but I couldn't tell what he was thinking.  "I understand if you don't want to help and that if you hate me..." then I felt his hand back on mine.

"I would never hate you for trying to survive and save your family." He said starting to rub his thumb on my hand again "Can I ask a question?" He asked looked at my hand then up at me.

"Yes anything." I replied

"What can I do to help?"

"Well this is John as you already know put outside of the  house and with me his name is Ronny because I us to be friend with him when I was Arissa but we meet one day at the skating park and he surprisingly recognized me so I told him what happened and he agreed to help me find my family and the guy who took them." I said looking over at John.  " But I avoid all contact with people from my past so that the stalker wouldn't find me but considering the other day he found me." I said raising an eye brow. "So I think we all need code names In order to protect each others identity when we talk on the phone about meet ups and each other. Just incase this guy is larking near by or is some how listening to our phone calls from a distance."

"I agree it would probably make thing safer." John agreed.

"Also Matt you have to try and keep your mood and everything as normal as possible if you need help getting out of the house let me know. Expectably with your dad being a cop is very important that you keep normal because trust me change one little thing and they interrogate your tail." I said giving him a little smile at the end.

"Don't worry I know" Matt said returning a smile.  "Okay so what are our code names?" Matt asked leaning on the table.

"Well they need to be something that you can't tell that it is you." I said "and the town can be made into sectors. Like the main meet up places will be numbers instead of names. John do you have a map, paper and marker?" I asked.

"Yes I do, I'll be back."