chapter 3

Brantley's POV

I had other things to get done when I left krissa's book ummm.... Shop, cafe, store place, but I got side tracked. I sat down on the bike and had planned to take mama the book Krissa helped me find but I got lost in my thoughts and just kept driving.
When I finally snapped out of it a pulled over I realized I had driven to the back side of the old Potts farm. No surprise there. Its where I always come to sort things out, like how I'm going to handle this divorce with all the media.
I could just keep doin what I've been doin and refuse to answer. It's worked so far. The media will jump to conclusions not matter what's said and done, plus its all public record any ways. Hell from what bits I've seen and what Kolby's told me Amber pretty much told them everything any way. She seamed to think I would be OK with her stepping out on me because I was on the road and she was "loanly" ya not gonna happen. What's mine is MINE and I guess I was the fool who thought she could be faithful even though this wasn't the first time. I really thought she loved me. Then again if ya love someone ya love them for them. Not who you want them to be. Her trying to change me should have been my first clue things were going south.
It was little stuff at first like let's eat better; Here eat this. Baby will you take me to DeSha for dinner? I want french food; you can't ware those cloths there. They won't let us in..... It was a snow ball effect after that. Now that I think about it, that's about the time I started booking more shows away from home so I could be me and feel like I could breath. Hell my own house didn't even feel like my home!
Guess I should count my blessings. Since we got married in Georgia and I can prove she was the one being unfaithful she can't take anything. She has no claim on the house, she can't get to any of my money, I don't have to pay her alimony, and thank the food lord we didn't have kids! I love kids, I want a ball team, I'm just glad it's not with her. All she can take is her stuff, her car, and that ankle biting demon chihuahua she just had to have. Well its all hers now!
Making up my mind I called my lawyer to tell him how I wanted to play things. Also called the label to give them a heads up. After that I drove back to the book shop. Krissa had bags and wrapping paper. I forgot to have her package this up for me. Can't just hand it to mama. I want to watch my angle open it.