Roommates.

Chapter 18

Last Time

Rachel

"Glad to see you're awake." I turned my attention to the voice and stood up from the bed.

"Nice to see you too, Jesse."

"Same to you dear sister."

Now

Garfield
_______________________

The sound of the clock ticking was starting to piss me off. Everyone had decided yo go get some food and get changed out of their fancy clothes they wore to the dance, myself included.

"Any news?" Vic asked sitting on the couch beside me. I just shook my head, my sketch book and Rachel's bracelet sitting on the coffee table.

"Cheer up Gar, I'm sure Rachel is perfectly okay." Vic placed his hand on my shoulder while he spoke. I buried my head in my hands and let out a long sigh.

My voice was muffled while i talked, "I really hope you're right." My phone suddenly started buzzing violently, I practically lunged towards where it sat on the coffee table.

"Jeff." I somehow managed to keep my voice steady.

"Oh Beasty, don't tell me you've been sitting by the phone like a school girl waiting for her crush to call." Jeff said.

"Where's Rachel?" I asked.

"Handed her off to the fella that hired me." He replied making my blood boil.

"Trigon, you gave her back to Tigon!?" I was all but yelling into the phone.

"Calm down Beasty boy, never said my employer was him, just said daddy wanted his little girl back. Jeff's voice became angered.

"Who's your employer Jeff?" I asked trying to keep my voice calm.

"I could tell you, but-"

"Who hired you?" I cut him off before he could finish.

"I wasn't done," Jeff waited so I wouldn't speak, "as I was saying, I'll tell you if you do me a favour."

I didn't speak.

"One more fight, for old times sake, you don't even have to win, if you do then I'll tell you the location, otherwise I'll just give you a name." I continued to stay silent.

"I'll give you twenty-four hours." Then he hung up the phone.

My mind was racing, I couldn't seem to focus on one thing as his words rang in my head.

One more fight, for old times sake.

One more fight.

One more.

"Gar?" "Hello, earth to Gar." "Garfield!?"

My eyes finally focused on Vic who was waving his hand in my face.

"Sorry dude, zoned out." I gave a small smile, although with everything going on it was probably more of a grimace .

"So what'd he say?" Vic asked.

"It wasn't Trigon who hired him." The words seemed harder to get out than they should've.

"Did he give you a name, address, anything?"

"No," I paused I couldn't let them know, "I'm gonna head out for a walk." I stood up and walked to my room to get changed.

~(∆_∆)~Time skip brought to you by Zoom~(∆_∆)~

Even though it was pretty much summer the weather required for people to wear jackets and carry around umbrellas. I heard Dick mumble something about Gotham weather following him.

I needed time to think about this, it never seemed like it was just 'one more fight'. It took me what felt like years to hide the rage, all the anger that started within seconds. Risk going back to being constantly angry or risk Rachel getting hurt and never seeing her again.

"Fighting and getting the address or never seeing Rachel." I mumbled to myself, it was hard to decide. Go back to my old life to save someone from my new life.

~(∆_∆)~Time skip brought to you by... I don't even know anymore~(∆_∆)~

I really didn't want to talk to him, so I did the next best thing.

I sent him a text.

'Fine, I'll do it.'

I hit send.

__________________________

Next Time

"You're insane."

My throat felt tight as I looked over the pages describing the plan, his plan.

"Gar, why are you involved with my family.

________________________________________________

A/N Hello! Happy (or Merry) whatever holiday you celebrate in the month of December!

Question 1: Who wants a new One-shot?

Question 2: How is everybody?

I'm actually at school as I'm writing this on the computer, no errors this time cause I'm not on my phone.

News 1: I have a new Twitter, it's the_Aori and I'm gonna be (trying) to update about the progress on chapters and updating schedule for the new year. Also gonna be revealing some secrets about the AU characters when book 2 is out. So follow it if you want/can... no pressure...

As always

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FOLLOW!!

BE AWESOME!!!

Instagram: TheAori

Twitter: the_Aori

BYE!~

'(∆_∆,)

from the Aori & Philip