1

Basma's POV.

The car beeped as I pressed the button to lock it and I adjusted the stack of books in my right hand and ran inside the Mosque. I was late for my class. I bet all the little kids were anxiously waiting, wondering where their teacher was.

I ran through the hall, hiking up my skirt in order to not trip when I ran into someone. My books fell all over the place.

"I am so sorry!" I said to the person not even looking up as I grabbed the books from the floor. As I reached for the last book, my hand collided with the other person's. I looked up to see a pair of familiar looking pair of green eyes.

It was a guy, But where did I know him from?

"Shukran," I said looking down.

"Uh..your welcome," he replied. He had a rich voice, I couldn't help but notice.

"Well, bye!" I took the last book and hurried down the hall to my classroom.

When I got there, the kids were surprisingly sitting down, not making any trouble.

"Salaam class. Sorry I'm late." I greeted them.

"It's okay Miss Sheikh," a little boy named Yusuf replied.

I gave him a smile, and went on with lesson for the day.

|-|

" Salaam Mama! I'm home!" I yelled as soon as I walked through the door.

"Wa alaaykum a salaam I'm in the kitchen baby!" She replied.

I took of my shoes and raced to the kitchen smelling the wonderful scents.

"Ma, what's all this?" I asked.

She was surrounded by piles of food. She looked really small with plates surrounding her with her apron hoisted on her hips. Mama was a short woman much like myself.

"We're having guests. Didn't Omar tell you?" She asked.

"Nope." I answered trying to grab a forkful of pasta, but she quickly slapped my hand away.

"But Mama I'm hungry," I pouted.

She just laughed her beautiful, caramel face scrunching up. "Tell you what, you go get changed and you can help me. Then i'll let you have some food."

I gave her a big smile. "Deal."

I rushed up the stairs changing into a simpler outfit and came back down to help.

|-|

By the time Mama and I had finished and I tasted some food, the guest were due in twenty minutes.

Mama and I went out separate ways to get freshened up. I changed into a black abaya and a navy headscarf.

As I pinned down my hijab, I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it!" I shouted.

Defending the stairs, I walked the short length to the door and opened it.

I froze, seeing the green eyed boy from earlier.

|-|

Please ,

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share