5

This is the first party I have been to in a while. The last one was a few months ago in June for all the uprising seniors. Literally the whole grade was there, things got very out of hand and I woke up in a tree house 5 miles from the house with a few of my friends I stuck with.

Tonight is different, for one it is a birthday party and two it's Zoe's, she has a smaller house and her neighborhood is more closer together than most so I am guessing not too many people will be invited.

After I showered and got dresses in some jean shorts and black tank top that stops perfectly right at the top of my shorts, I wait for Taylor to come pick me up.

"Mom?" I call for her when I enter the kitchen but she has yet to return from what ever state she is in.

"Still gone." Grayson says from the couch.

"I am going to Zoe's tonight I will be back late."

"Okay..." Grayson says but his phone has all his attention. "For what?"

"Birthday party." I mumble as I slip on and tie my white converse.

The head lights of Taylor's car shine through the front windows and I walk out side to meet her.

"Hey! Hey!" She cheers when I open the door and sit in the passenger seat.

"Hello." Her wavy brown hair is brown naturally down and her tan skin is complimented by the navy blue sheer top she has on.

"I heard Emily is actually coming to Zoe's." Taylor tells me, but it is of no importance to me, Emily seems to be friends with everyone at our school. She continues to update me about everyone who was invited and other random senior drama.

I just nod and we continue our 15 minute drive to the house. A few cars are parked on the side of her street. When we step out I hear faint voices from the conversation of people who are standing out side, they must be around back on her back porch.

Taylor doesn't ring the doorbell and just walks into the house through the front door. All the lights are on and a few girls hug Taylor and I when we walk in, I don't know half of them and I was genuinely shocked when they wrapped their arms around me.

"Taylor! Jack!!" Zoe says pulling us in for a group hug. "There is a fire pit outside and food in the kitchen!" She says as I look down at her short figure and she flips a piece of straight dark hair behind her shoulder.

There isn't a lot of people here but it is more than a get together, a circle of people, mostly girls, sit around the fire pit off her back porch, I recognizing most of them and sit down next to Marissa. I have known her since elementary school but we have never talked to much.

Emily and her group of friends stand leaning on the rail of the porch in their shorts that let their butts hang out.

"Hey," Marissa nudges my side. "Have a swig." She pulls a flask out of her jacket pocket and hands it to me discretely.

I smell the strong liquor and take a quick sip letting it run all the way down to my stomach.

"Zoe's parents are home." She rolls her eyes and I hand her the flask back.

She takes a long drink from it and I decline the offer when she tips the metal container back in my direction.

I wasn't going to get drunk at a party like this.

Suddenly, the group of girls on the porch break out into a chorus of squeals that makes me furrow my eyebrows in annoyance at them. I see the towering figure and fluffy mop of snowy hair that belongs to Lucky standing in the center of them. What in sam's hill? How are so many people this obsessed over him? They literally squealed at his presence, how did he even get connections to this party?