6

Last night started off only a little boring and mediocre but by the end it was one of the worst parties I have ever been to. I decided this based on the crowd, the parents, and lastly the dumb game. I had so much potential for having a good time and possibly winning but Landon had to come into the picture.

When Taylor dropped me back off that night, I took a shower, bandaged my hand, and went to bed. It is now Monday morning and the weekend feels like it was forever ago, but my anger with Landon is still fresh in my mind.

Once I enter school and walk down the main hall of lockers my eyes scan around for him or possibly his squad of delinquents. Perfect. Lucky, stands out from the crowd due to his 5 inch height difference and hair that defies gravity.

As I approach the small group of boys, surprisingly enough Emily or Caroline are not with them, Landon's face comes into few and his smile falters when his eyes lock with mine. With out giving him or his friends any form of greeting I walk straight Landon and bring my swollen bandaged hand level with his face.

"You are the biggest jerk I have ever met!"

He stifles a laugh adding to my irritation. " I really didn't mean to hurt you that bad just ma-"

"Yeah, make me scream so you could run away while I get found, clever plan, but things didn't work out like you planned and now I can't write with my right hand. You know what the problem with that is? I am in school, I kinda need to be able to write things in school, don't you think?"

Shock over took all their expression, even I myself have never felt this kind of control over someone. Landon's eyes laces with fear and surprise. I meet eyes with Lucky for only a moment and his annoying smirk is back on his face, why is he getting so much amusement from me all the time? Doesn't he have a clique to entertain?

"Jacks, I will write everything for you today. Okay? I will take all your notes, write down you answers all that." Landon says pleadingly. I calm down from my boiling point and breathe a little less intensely.

"Deal."

A few of the boys chuckle at the conversation. "But, I can't for first period, I have a huge in-class essay I have to be present for." Landon says this making some of my anger return.

"Who is going to write for me in En-"

"I will." My attention turns to Lucky who is leaned against a locker. " I am in her English class so it won't matter."

"Thanks man." Landon pats Lucky on the shoulder ,I just nod because honestly I would have never thought Lucky would offer to do something nice for me, especially when it's not his fault I got hurt.

The bell for first period rings through the school the kids scatter through the hall including myself into English.

I take my normal seat in the back of the room and Lucky sits down in the empty space next to me. Emily and Caroline give Lucky a disgustfully confused look but of course roll their eyes and turn to face the board.

The lesson started and we were handed a worksheet that we needed to complete. Lucky would write down my answers for me on to the worksheet. I could smell his cologne from where I sat, it wasn't strong like all the other dumb teenage boys go with, but it was natural and sweet smelling.

"Number 9?" Lucky breaks me from my thoughts and I blush a little at the fact that I got so caught up over something so stupid.

"Uhum-yeah just put I agree, because historical fiction still allows us to get a good point of view from the time period." My answer is a little shorter then necessary but Lucky nods and begins to write down my words. His handwriting is actually neater than mine so this is like a win-win.