Space Heroes

You calm down, enough that you can talk but he doesn't want you to. Not right now. He doesn't want to see you so sad so instead you two both just chat, about anything but sisters, death, nightmares, the number 12... basically he's avoiding anything that had to do with your sister. It makes you feel a lot better. You're both smiling and have decided to try and stay up all night considering the guys have no training tomorrow. You're snuggled into him, refusing to let go. He doesn't want to let go either. It's 2:30 a.m. right now and you're still pretty focused on your dre- no your nightmare but no longer sad. You're happy you let her go but also scared, the strange popping and scratching sounds outside don't help much either. You keep finding yourself staring at him, not just because he's talking but staring at him like you would stare at the hot guy in class. It's driving you crazy that you like him so much but he doesn't show any sign of liking you too. You have no longer any control of your actions due to how tired you are.

"Leo?" you ask breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"I luv you." you say in a funny, kiddy voice and snuggle up into him not even half-awake and pass out, leaving him a blushing mess.

"Really?" he asks. Then he realizes you're asleep. He smiles and brushes hair out of your face. With his smile never fading he brings you closer and rests his head on yours. "I love you too." he says. You smile in your sleep as he does staring at you.

---- time skip to morning----

Leo's pov

It's 8 a.m. and everyone is awake but she isn't, she's still sleeping peacefully in the arms I refuse to take off of her. Maybe that's a little creepy but the comfort this gives me is too powerful a force to let go, although the longing for this while she's conscious and actually knows what she's doing is even more so. She's stirring a bit more so I can tell she's starting to wake up now. The beautiful smile on her face slowly fading as she comes into consciousness.

"Morning." I whisper and brush a strand of stray hair behind her ear.

"Mmm." she hums and opens her eyes. Her eyes, her stunning (e/c) eyes, looking me in my plain old blue ones, closing and trying to stay open.

"You can go back to sleep you know." I whisper, brushing her hair with my hand.

"I'm ok." she whispers and rubs her eyes. I nod and smile. She opens her eyes again and I feel butterflies in my stomach as she stares into my eyes. How bad I want to tell her I like her that way too but she probably didn't even know what she was doing. Did she even mean it?

"Ok." I say. She grins and starts to sit up. I take my arms away and sit up too, somehow just now realizing that I'm still wearing my mask. She smiles at me and crawls out of the covers and off the bed. I get off too and leave the room so she can get ready. I walk to the kitchen and sit down, taking my plate of breakfast and eating the bacon first.

Your pov.

He leaves and closes the door. You stare at the door wondering what he said last night. It's vague but you remember telling him your feelings, did you really tell him? Or was it all in your head? If you actually did, how did he react? He doesn't seem to be disgusted or acting weird so did you actually tell him? Does he like you back? You decide to stray from your normal attire and try something new today. You pit on a pair of old, slightly worn jeans and a (f/c) T-shirt. You look in the mirror and smile then walk out of your room and into the kitchen.

"Morning guys." you say with a smile.

"Good morning!" Mikey chirps.

"Yeah." Raph mumbles. Donnie nods, not looking away from his laptop and Leo looks at you and you see his eyes widen slightly.

"Morning." he says snapping out of his trance and smiling. You blush a bit and smile too, then take your seat next to Leo and start eating the breakfast that's on the plate in front of you. Mikey turns around from the stove and sees you, he smiles.

"You look great dudette!" he says and you blush more.

"Thanks Mikey." you say and look down at your food. Donnie and Raph look up and see you. Donnie smiles and nods and Raph just shrugs and goes back to playing his game.

"Nice." Donnie says and goes back to his laptop. You smile and eat your food.

------after breakfast-----

You and Leo are sitting on the couch watching Space Heroes and shushing Raph cause he keeps saying the show is lame.

"How do you guys watch this?" he asks. You shake your head and stand up. You grab the magazine closest to you and roll it up as they both watch you. You walk over to Raph with heavy steps and hit him on the head with it a few times.

"WE SAID SHUSH!" you scold and go back over to your spot on the couch. Leo does his best to not laugh and Raph just sits there shocked that you hit him. He blinks a few times then takes his comic and walks to his room. Leo let's out his laugh once the door closes and looks at you.

"Thank you!" he exclaims. You smile and nod.

"It needed to happen." you say with a smile. The show comes back on and you both bring your attention it... For a while anyway. Half way through the episode his mind starts to wander to you and thee minutes later, yours onto him. You catch him staring at you from the corner of your eye. You don't look at him all the way just incase but you can tell he's staring and a small blush rises on your cheeks but he looks back at the tv when he realizes what he's doing. It makes you smile as you think of him and think,

Thank god for Space Heroes!