Nightmares

"(Y/n)?" Leo asks from somewhere in the room.

"Why do I keep waking up like this?" You ask with a smile and sit up, even though the light is still a bit too bright to open your eyes.

"The dream beavers were in your dreams! We didn't know what to do! We were scared!" He yells. You rub your eyes and remember the dream that had momentarily escaped your mind.

"Oh yeah! Wait! How did you know that they were in my dreams?" you ask.

"Well when we couldn't wake you up no mater what we called April over and waited. Then your pulse started fading and she got here. She told us this was how we were when they were in our dreams and she went into your head where she found the beavers but she couldn't wake you up either! We've been waiting for you to wake up for hours! I was worried sick (y/n)!" he yells. You smile and open your eyes with the light now bearable.

"Sounds that way. I'm fine Leo. I promise." you say and he comes and sits next to you with doubt in his eyes.

"What did they even want with you?" he asks staring into your eyes as if he looks deep enough he would find the answer.

"To give a message to you." you reply. He looks mad and your smile fades. "Leo? It's fine, they just said sorry and they want a truce." you say putting a hand on his shoulder. Donnie walks in, his eyes down and without hope. Then he looks up and sees you awake and the hope comes back immediately.

"(Y/N)! You're up!" he chirps, joy filling his voice.

"Unless this is a dream." you say with a smile. He smiles too then runs to the monitors and checks them all. Once his little phase of doctoring is done he comes to you with confusion plastered on his face.

"What did they do?" he asks. You're confused at first but then you remember the reason you're sitting on this bed in the lab, because of course, you'd forgotten again.

"Nothing, we just talked. Oh and Donnie, Dark beaver says hello and sorry for calling you salty. And threatening to... eat you?" you say, question in your voice.

"Really?" he asks. You nod and give a questioning face.

"Yeah really. What did he do? And who is he? And why? and basically tell me what all of.... I don't know just spill!" you demand.

"Ok well, there are four dream beavers from another dimension, the dream dimension. They go into people's dreams and suck the life out of them. They went into ours last year and almost killed us. Then they got out of our dreams and onto Earth for the first time and realized they were tiny here and left to go to some other dimension." Leo explains. You nod and raise an eyebrow.

"Uhhhhh.......... OK? Weird." you say. "Anyway, Leo. Dire beaver says he apologizes for giving you powers then beating you senseless." you say and laugh "Also for threatening to kill you and everything else. They see the wrong in their ways and won't feed on human life forces and will not return to Earth for any reason. They want a truce." You explain. Leo nods.

"Ok... uh.... Excepted?" Leo says, more as a question. You just shrug and jump off the bed.

"Man, Dire talks a lot!" You exclaim. Leo smiles and nods.

"Yup." he agrees and slides off the bed as well.

"(Y/n) you should get some rest. After they sucked the life out of you you're gonna be tired for a long time if you don't get some rest now." Donnie says, and starts typing on his laptop. You just nod and smile.

"Ok." you say and start walking to your room. "I'M GOING BACK TO SLEEP! NIGHT GUYS!" you yell into the lair and walk into your room. You close the door and hear their muffled 'goodnights' from behind it. You smile and slip back under the covers. You fall asleep almost peacefully. You stir in your covers as your nightmare unfolds.