Chapter 6

🌻 Sakura and Sasuke left the spot immediately, leaving me stuck with this idiot. I had to literally pull him away from our spot. He did not have the intention to budge at all which left me wondering what he was planning to do. Attack Kakashi-sensei head on?! Such an idiot! I groaned in despair having to be paired up with this blonde haired knucklehead.

"You're so strong Hinata-chan.." He said dreamily after I put him down on the ground. We hid behind the bushes, just a few feet under the tree where Sakura and Sasuke were hiding in.

"I wouldn't have pulled you if you have jumped along with me!" I whispered angrily.

Sakura hopped down along with Sasuke.

"So what's the plan?" Sakura asked, looking at all of us.

"Plan? Shouldn't we discuss with our partners?" Naruto scratched his head, clearly disappointed that he will not be alone with me.

"Think about it, Naruto. He's a Jounin and we aren't exactly Genins yet. What makes you think we have the chance to beat him?" Sasuke joined the conversation and groaned after he finished his sentence.

"Well, that depends on how smart we are-"

"So we have to work together. He didn't say anything about not working together did he? So there. Now shut your mouth before I kick you where the sun doesn't shine." Sakura interrupted and glared mercilessly at Naruto.

The sun kissed blonde whimpered quietly and took obvious steps back away from the now enraged Sakura.

"We need to form a plan to outsmart him. He is a skilled Jounin after all." I spoke.

Sakura exhaled and sat cross-legged on the soft grass. All of us followed suit and thought of strategies—except Naruto. Of course, he doesn't think. All he does is stare at me, successfully keeping me unfocused.

"Wait a minute. But there is only one bell. How do we share that with both teams?" Naruto asked.

Sakura sighed and facepalmed.

"According to my family, each team must have a complete number of three. In our case, four. But we can't oversee the fact that he has the power to kick one of us out." Sasuke answered.

"Exactly, So. Work. Your. Ass off Naruto, and STOP LOOKING AT HINATA!" Sakura yelled and punched Naruto across the field.

"S-Sakura! You blew our cover!!" I complained in panic.

"Uh-oh.. I'm sorry, Hinata.." Sakura scratched the back of her neck guiltily.

"That's a badass punch. Now are you going to use that on me?" Kakashi-sensei suddenly said with his head popping out from the bushes behind us. His eyes were still glued to his book without sparing us a look, it was humiliating.

"You know what, let's all attack him head on!" With that, Sakura leaped and tried to land a kick on Kakashi.

"Wait! Sakura!" I called.

Darn, she's too occupied by her emotions!

🌸 Kakashi moved away from his spot and missed my kick. I twisted my leg where I land and spread my other leg to kick him, but he kept moving from his spot in a fairly high speed.

I silently cursed at myself for not possessing the Byakugan.

"Sasuke! Hinata!"

Sasuke joined me to land impacts on Kakashi while Hinata threw weapons to catch him off guard somehow. These tactics were not effective and none of us was surprised that it did not work out.

I made eye contact with Sasuke and Hinata while signalling them to perform a jutsu which I know they mastered. Hinata and I always train together, quite self-explanatory on how I knew her techniques. Sasuke is the new heir of the Uchiha clan which I am sure he must have learned some techniques.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Bullet Technique."

"Lightning Style: Blade Technique!"

"Fire Style: Great Fireball!"

Water and fire shoot towards Kakashi and Hinata's lightning blade connected with my water to send lightning down to Kakashi. He was indeed surprised and impressed by his looks because these jutsus are rare to be performed by Genins. Wait, we are not officially Genin yet.

Kakashi quickly got out of the way and began to take us seriously until we heard something from Naruto which immediately made my blood boil to steam.

🍁🍂🍁🍂

Dedicated to lovelyyjc for following me and adding this story to your reading list!

What do you think Naruto said? ;)

Stay tuned for the next update!

~Joelle Au

Published: April 2015Edited: 20 February 2017

Edited: 20 February 2017