Part 2, Chapter 1

PART TWO

CHAPTER ONE

“I wanna stand with you on the mountain…”

Rhea grabbed her phone and glanced at the number, “Morning Rakshu.”

“Hey sweetie, be ready in five, okay?”

“Sure, see ya”

Rhea quickly got ready for school, had a bowl of cornflakes with milk, and ran out of the house. Rakshay was waiting to take her to uni. She sat in his car and gave him a quick hug and a kiss. It was December and they had been together for a few months now. Their relationship had become stronger and stronger with time and it felt like they had been together for much longer. Rakshay was the perfect boyfriend, he was attentive and caring, and most importantly he understood Rhea perfectly. It was a bonus that he was a real looker and Rhea still blushed when she thought about him. They had met each other’s families and everything was going well. Rhea had locked away the memories and feelings she had for Aryan in a small corner at the back of her mind. She had finally moved on and didn’t want to revisit her past.

As Rakshay drove to school, Rhea looked out of the window – the familiar streets whizzing by, the familiar buildings, the familiar weather, and the familiar faces. She had been feeling a bit uneasy and had butterflies in her stomach. She didn’t know why and blamed it on something she must have eaten the day before. She pushed her uneasiness behind and focused on what Rakshay was saying. He was talking about the upcoming season of cricket, a sport that they all liked to follow.

Finally they reached uni and walked towards the quad. Rakshay had recently joined the cricket team and had training in the morning. Rhea had class but just for a few hours and later she would meet her friends for lunch. She had planned on spending the afternoon in the library to finish off her assignments.

They reached the quad and met Rebecca and Matt, who had noticeably been spending a lot of time together. The look on Rebecca and Matt’s faces indicated that something was wrong. Rhea asked if everything was okay and they just shrugged, pointing to the cafeteria. Rhea and Rakshay starting walking towards the cafeteria. As they neared the cafeteria they saw the back of someone familiar. Both of them froze in their steps when they realized who it was.

Krish.

What was he doing here?