Part 2, Chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO

Rhea felt sick, her face had become pale and she looked ahead in shock. She turned around and started walking back. At the same time, Krish turned around and saw her. He called out her name but she had already left the cafeteria.

Rakshay ran after Rhea. He knew the sight of Krish hurt Rhea a lot and that she needed to get away from him. He grabbed her hand and led her to the nearest study room. They were both oblivious to the fact that Krish was following them, eagerly wanting to meet and speak to Rhea. They went into the room and sat down. Rakshay hugged Rhea and comforted her, telling her that he understood what she was going through an d he’d always be here to help her get through this. He reminded her that he was her best friend first and then her boyfriend, so she could tell him anything. She hugged him and cried.

Krish entered the room and both of them looked up. Rakshay held Rhea’s hand for support.

“Hi Krish, It’s a surprise seeing you. How are you?” asked Rakshay and Rhea just nodded.

“I’m doing well, got back from London last night for Christmas break. I thought I’d come around and meet you guys. How is everyone? I see things have changed since I was last here,” Krish looked pointedly at Rhea and Rakshay’s entwined fingers.

“Oh that’s great. How is your uni there? Everyone is cool; you’ll probably see them all around campus. Later tonight we’re meeting up at the bistro – the usual place, the usual time. Why don’t you come along?” Rakshay replied, ignoring the comment directed at him and Rhea.

“Yeah sure thanks, I’ll try and stop by then. So well Rhea, how have you been?” Krish looked at Rhea, his eyes pleading her to speak to him.

Rhea averted her eyes and looked uncomfortable. The only remotely comforting thing was Rakshay’s hand on hers. She replied, “I’m good Krish.”

Krish realized the tension and tried to lighten up the atmosphere, “How’s Mr. Kazme doing? Heard from him?”

Rhea gave a small smile, “I haven’t met him since … well since we left. I expect he’s boring some other poor math class of his.”

Krish laughed. “Okay well I’ll see you guys later then.”

“Alright bye,” they replied in unison.

Rhea looked at Rakshay as Krish left the room. She hugged him once again and made a decision that she would not avoid Krish or run away from him. She had to face him and get over the confusion she was feeling. She had known this day would come and now that he was here for a month, it was time to get over her emotional turmoil.