Chapter Eleven: It Takes A Gem To Control A Gem

We walked down the path to a large house in the middle of nowhere, surrounding it was a forest. I glanced up to see Clint holding Natasha's arm over his shoulder to help her walk. She must of had it bad.

I walked with Steve and slid my arm around his waist to comfort him as well. He looked down at me and smiled, pulling me closer as someone to hold on, to control himself.
"What is this place?" Thor asked as we reached the door.
"Safe house." Stark replied. I don't know what it was, but I needed to rest. Badly.

"Honey, I'm home." Clint yelled out as we stepped inside the house. A woman, having a large belly from pregnancy, appeared and kissed Clint before hugging him.
I glanced at the team to see that they were all confused. Barton must have kept his family a secret.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony turned to Thor. I snorted a laugh quietly to myself and straightened my face, feeling Steve's eyes glare at the side of my face.
"Gentlemen, this is Laura." Clint introduced her. She smiled and waved her hand at us. "I know all your names. Except for the blue alien?"

They all turned to me and filled an awkwardness in the air as I didn't know what they were expecting from me. Introduce yourself you idiot.

"Oh! Hi, I'm Shockraze, the, uh, the reason why all this happened. I'm not an alien just, a human, and an alien."
I didn't know why I was acting so weird, probably because I haven't really introduced myself to anyone for a while.

She was taken back a bit, probably shouldn't of included the whole reason why this happened part. But thankfully, we heard little footsteps come closer through the hall until two little kids came running.
"Incoming." I blurted as my eyes followed them quickly running to their father. He laughed as they launched into his arms and picked them up.
I awed mentally at the sight of a family reuniting. Family reunions were never my thing, since I, you know, have no family.
Except for my father, and even he's a mystery.

"These are... Smaller agents."

"Did you bring auntie Nat?" Clint's daughter chirped. I turned my head to Natasha and smiled as she opened her arms wide open. "Why don't you hug her and find out!" She grunted as the kid squealed and hugged her tightly.
We were all standing awkwardly, staring at the family embrace each other. Karen forced me to glance at Steve. She wanted to have that sort of romance with him where they have kids, but we knew it was almost impossible.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve took one for the team and apologised for us. It really was kinda embarrassing and, at the same time, unusual. To have a whole team of people with trained fighting skills, some might not even be fully human, come and stay at your house.
I got that experience once, but it was only two of them. And they were trying to kill me, depressingly, I'm the one to blame.

"Yeah we would of called ahead, but we were busy having no idea you existed."

"Yeah, Fury helped me set this up when I joined." Clint answered Tony's remark. I was unfamiliar with the name Fury, but I do remember seeing that name when we were fishing through the files for Strucker's information.
"Figured it's a good place to lay low."

A scrunching noise caught my attention on the ground where Thor had stepped on a pile of Legos. He turned his head to me, knowing I was eye witness, and looked away cluelessly as he swiped it under the table.
Thor flinched at the sound of the toaster going off, which actually scared me a bit too, and looked around before walking out of the house with Steve behind him.