Chapter 2

I was going to die.

It’s official.

Either that or I will be shunned from humanity all together. Yeah, that’s sounds good at least that way I’ll be alone, not dead.

As Carly began pulling me in all sorts of directions during the party, I found myself glancing in every direction looking for Danger as they call him. The name itself made me cringe and made my stomach tumble.

I don’t know why I wasnor could I explain it. I guess the nerves got the best of me and I was worrying about my life more than I should have. I worried more about this random dude then I did my parents.

That itself should tell you something.

I was losing my mind and at this point, I justwanted to get away from it all. My head shouldn’t be snapping in all sorts of directions in fear of seeing him, it should be because of my parents. What if they left the house looking for me and found me here? What if they get out a search warrant? What if. . . Oh what the hell, why do I even bother? My parents are the least of my worries.

Snatching my hand from Carly’s, I waited as she turned around. “I need to breathe Carly,” I confessed. “I didn’t come here to just walk around. I came here to have fun and if all we’re going to do is run away from every social group at this party, then I’m going home.”

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Carly let out a nervous chuckle. “Sorry.” Her cheeks reddened. “I didn’t notice I was being too pushy,”

“It’s not that you were being pushy. . .” I began before cutting myself short, finding another way to restate that sentence. “It’s just that ever since danger,” I threw up the air quotes with my fingers, “talked to me, you’ve been on your radar and I can’t take it anymore.”

“I’m sorry,” She licked her lips.

“It’s just that,” I took a deep breath before continuing, “ever since he talked to me you’ve been acting like I’m going to die and I’m not.”

“How would you know?” She threw a hand up while pointing at me. “He’s called danger for a reason Kelsey.”

“Yeah well danger talked to me once. It’s not like he asked me out or anything,” I shook my head at her. “You’re overreacting and you know it. Besides you don’t even know him!”

“I know enough about him to know he’s bad news,” She tried to sound convincing but this was all coming out like a bunch of bull.