Chapter 4

My stomach twisted painfully.

“Well that’s comforting to hear. . .” I sarcastically replied with worried eyes as I glanced outside. A low ripple came from his throat, a chuckle escaping his lips.

“You have humor, I like that,” He turned his head to the right to blow out the smoke in direction towards the window once he had rolled it down before closing it back up again.

“Yeah well I’d like to live too so if you don’t mind telling me where I’m going because so far I’m not very reassured.” I mumbled, fumbling in my seat.

“Take it down a notch shawty, I ain’t gonna kill you.” He blew another smoke, this time not opening the window. The hazy substance circled around the car for a while before slowly disappearing. When he finished the smoke, he threw it in the little ashtray he had implanted in the car.

“How would I know? I’m in a car with a murderer,” I rolled my eyes, my arms crossing just about my chest.

“Are you going to throw that in my face every single time I open my mouth about something?” He growled lowly, his voice deep and his eyes dark.

Clearing my throat, I repeatedly shook my head. “ No,” I squeaked out. “Sorry. . .” I gulped deeply, the ball visible as it went down my throat. I could feel my palms begin to sweat.

“Good because I’m in no mood to hear you,” He turned his gaze towards the road once more, going back to his calm more unnerved self. “Or you’re annoying pleas about me.”

Either this kid is either A, mental. B, crazy or C, bipolar.

So far I’m leaning towards the bipolar side.

“Oh geez, thanks.” Sarcasm dripped with every word I spoke. “You‘re so pleasant to be around, let me tell you.” The awkward silence that fell between us never really helped the situation I was in as I stole glances his way, feeling my stomach form into knots.

“Do you really think I care?” He spit, venom in the words he spoke. His fingers coiled around the steering wheel, holding it tight. I knew that because his knuckles were shading into a vivid white from the hold he put onto it.

I didn’t answer. Instead, I sighed, looking forwards and not even bothering to open my mouth any more.

But, from the looks of it, it looks like Justin didn’t want me too.