Chapter 46-50

Chapter 46

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“Jeremy…” Pattie began but was soon cut off my Jeremy.

“Didn’t I tell you, you were forbidden in this house?” Jeremy stared at Justin in such disgust, it made my heart shatter.

Justin seemed to be rendered speechless at this point because he didn’t say a word. Instead, he stared at his father in complete shock.

“Dad…” Jaxon mumbled, feeling the tension build up amongst us all.

Jeremy, however, ignored us all. “What do you think you’re doing in this household?”

Justin licked his lips. “Visiting my family. What do you think?”

“Family?” Jeremy laughed. “What family?” He gestured all around him with open arms. “I don’t see your family around here.” Shaking his head, Jeremy scowled. “As far as I’m concerned you’re nothing to us.”

“Jeremy!” Pattie yelled; her voice stern. “Don’t you dare refer to us all in that manner. He is my son—our son!”

“Not to me, he isn’t! After he became some thug, all respect had gone out the window.” Jeremy yelled. “And the death of your sister was the final straw.” He stuck a finger into Justin’s chest.

“Don’t bring Jazzy into this!” Justin spat.

“Why not? It’s not like she’s here to stop it!” Jeremy barked back. “You’re the reason she’s dead!”

“Jeremy, enough!” Pattie cried.

“I told you to leave and never come back, that was meant to be forever. I never once said I wanted to see your face again years from then.”

Justin’s chest moved up and down in anger, his face red, fists clutched at his side. “I know it was a mistake coming here.” Grabbing my hand, Justin pulled me up. “Come on Kelsey, we’re going.” Pushing past Jeremy, Justin began making his way to the door.

“Do you see what you do?” Pattie hissed. “He’s our son, Jeremy!”

Justin abruptly stopped, the cries of his mother filling his ears and I knew that he didn’t want to leave her behind. “You know what?” Justin sneered, his eyes narrowed. “I’m not leaving.” He shook his head. “Not until you hear me out anyways.”

Dropping my hand, Justin walked over to Jeremy as I followed close behind.

“I know you hate me…” Justin shook his head. “Trust me, I hate me too… but it wasn’t my fault.”

“Nothing ever is.” Jeremy hissed.

“Let him finish.” Jaxon cut in for the first time and each of us turned to face him in shock. Jaxon ignored our gazes, keeping his attention on Justin. “Go on.” He encouraged. “We’re listening.”