Chapter 5

I’m going to a murderer/ex-cons house. Wow, that would be something beautiful to tell my kids when I’m older.

I sighed, fidgeting in my seat. I’d lie if I said I wasn’t letting my nerves get to me.

I’d also lie if I said I didn’t get embarrassed when my butt rubbed against the leather of the seat and made a farting sound.

Danger chuckled. “Can’t get comfortable?” He smirked, taking a side glance towards me real quick before setting his eyes on the road before him.

I felt my cheeks heat up. “No, just . . . Getting car sick.” I lied, shrugging my shoulders mindlessly.

He shook his head. “Whatever you say, shawty.”

I rolled my eyes. This dude seriously needs help.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me bitch. Remember,” He grabbed my chin vigorously, turning me to face him. “you’re in my car.”

I winced at his touch. All I could do was nod.

“Good,” He pushed me away, returning his hand to the steering wheel.

I bit down on my lip, forcing myself not to say something back that I’d regret. Instead, I turned to look out the window of the car, wanting nothing more than to be in the warmness of my bed. Safe and sound where I should’ve been in the first place.

We had finally made it to what I guessed was his house sicne he parked the car in a garage looking space. I couldn’t help myself. . . my mouth dropped open in awe once the house came into view. I must say, I’m impressed. It’s pretty good looking from the angle I see it in.

Turning, I waited patiently to see what happens from here while leaning my head back and thinking about how this all came together and just how sad my life turned out to be.

I can’t really say I’m disappointed. I mean, I saw it coming. I just never thought it’d happen this way.

Out of all the things I could have witnessed tonight--someone getting shit drunk and throwing up everywhere, a girl strip teasing (those things have happened before, don’t judge me), walking in on a couple making out--but no. I watched someone getting murdered.

The more I think about it, the more I think my life is turning out to be one big ass soap opera.

I was the quiet girl, did my homework, listened to my parents, I made sure I had good grades and took care of myself. I didn’t get too out of control when I went out, I was an overall good person. I was shy, quirky, a loud mouth sometimes. . .

I did good things. I never did one single “bad” thing. . . Until tonight, when I snuck out and it had to be the first time I ever did anything “extreme” for me to get into such trouble.

Now, here I was, in the car of a killer while he took me to his place.