chapter four.

It was approaching night pretty fast. Oddly enough, the arena was filling up more and with peaceful patriots and more love than I could have expected. Harry stood next to the gate for a while, accepting tickets. When people were denied, they walked away without a fight, and Harry with his big heart, still let them in.

I'd taken a liking to a couple of wine-coolers with colorful umbrellas in them, and before I knew it, Rory's words were coming alive in my mind. I was getting a bit tipsy, and losing my balance because of alcohol wasn't typically kosher for someone missing a bone in their left leg. 

My eyes searched for the girls several times, but I came up short. The stage was now glowing with strobe lights and guitars and I even attempted that hip swaying technique again before laughing at myself and taking another sip of the fruity drink.

"Trying it out again?"

"Mmm, not you again..."

I looked back to see Harry with a confused expression before he bolted out a soft laugh. He pulled his hat off of his head and raked his lengthy fingers into his scalp. I shook my head as my inner commentary giggled at him. "I could swear that I made you smile several times more when I'm not trying," he claimed.

"Don't...umm, don't flatter yourself."
Soon, a gentle hiccup escaped my lips and I excused myself before trying to waddle away from him.

"Oh, no you don't..."
Grabbing ahold of my waist and looking down at me as if I'd try to challenge his strength, I could tell that he was, of course, flattering himself. "You can run as fast as you want, Erin, but there's not a place you can go that I won't find you..."

"You're...an adorable creep," I snorted before dropping my drink.
"And you're smashed."
"I'm not," I defended. By then, my hand made its way up to his chest to push him away, but my efforts went unnoticed as he pulled me even closer to his body.
"Yeah? Recite the alphabet..."

I felt smarter and cockier than I should have, but I replied, "You have to read my M-Miranda Rights first, officer."

Cleverly drunk.

There went our staring contest for the hundredth time that day. I could stare into his eyes for an eternity, but that seemed too short.

"I-I think your clichés are rubbing off on me," I whispered as quietly as I could. Even though no one was paying attention to our stare-off, I didn't anyone to hear what we were to say. I wanted it to be a secret. A good one.
He leant down and I could feel his breath caress the side of my neck as he asked me how. "The sudden affection, the—the heated contact..."

"The part where we ditch Rory and Quinn? Go ride in that hippie van, park somewhere quiet...and look up at the stars all night?"

Well, my mind was going a different direction.

I chuckled at my own thoughts. It was all too surreal to continue.
From the stage, a man tapped onto the microphone, calling for attention.
Harry looked up and smiled before looking back to me. "I have to go up. Want to come?"

"N-No. I'd better go find Rory and your sister."

"...Before I go, the most cliché thing to do right now would be to kiss you."

"Kiss a stranger?"

"No. Kiss the girl of my dreams."

I need to think quickly and rationally right now. In less than 3.5 seconds, he needed to go onto that stage and do whatever it was that he was called for, but in those seconds, he wanted a kiss. I don't know if this was the Universe's idea of pressure, but I was sort of excited to welcome it. The thought of Calum arose, but seeing as though he was my ex, I pushed it aside.

"I won't stop you."

Just like that, I was engulfed by lips meeting mine. I don't know if it was me or him, but the flavor of grapes passed my tongue and I jumped at the sudden taste. "Tastes sweet..." he unintelligibly sighed. Yep, must've been me; I was the only one drinking so much.

"Harry..." His hands began to find a steady grip on my back. "Y-You're wanted—on...stage. Onstage...."

"Mmhmm..."

Oh Geez.

"Mr. Styles," a rather gigantic man towering over the two of us interrupted.
When Harry finally pulled away, I had time to breathe.
"You're up."

Harry nodded nervously before giving me a wink and following the man.

I gasped as I shook my head. Did I just do that? Yeah you did, Erin.