chapter thirteen.

"...You're from Michigan? Never been outside of it, ever? Excluding now?" Harry asked.

I shook my head and wasn't surprised with his expression of shock. "So, you're, like, a full-bred Michigan girl?"

"I wouldn't say that. I'm ½ Canadian-"

"Bloody hell, you're Canadian? Wow, I would have thought you were more than bacon and maple syrup," he joked. I took a jab at his shoulder before he engulfed my hand in his.

"I'd hate to know your opinion on Americans..."

I decided that I couldn't stay in the hotel room forever-as much as I wanted to, it was emotionally impossible. Harry saw how restless I was getting and proposed that we should get a tour of the land; walk around the whole of Baltimore before he headed off to the concert grounds to check on things.

While walking in the breezy Baltimore weather, never once did Harry ask if I wanted to sit or anything like that, but I noticed that he was staring at me through hooded lashes as if something was wrong. I stared back before asking him what the matter was.

"I had a run in with Calum today."

I was really hoping that was the last thing he'd say. I cleared my throat and looked on, but Harry's grip on my hand exponentially tightened. "What did you guys talk about?" I inquired.

"It wasn't so much as a conversation. More of a stare-off, actually. He, erm, gave me the finger-"

"He did what?" That was not the Calum I was subjected to, but then again, Calum and I had our fair share of bickering and storming away. I thought that this time he'd had enough of Harry and I unintentionally taunting him, but giving Harry the middle finger was too much. I could see his anger wasn't wavering.

"Yeah...he did. But it's all right. I just smiled at him and wheeled our breakfast in. You're more important to me than he is," he murmured before leaning down to press a kiss to my neck. Although Harry's gesture was sweet, I couldn't think straight when Calum was still standing on hot coals. I needed to speak with him. Now.
______________________

While Harry went off for the concert, I called a taxi to take me back to the hotel. I was stubborn in that way; I didn't tell Harry that my left leg was killing me, but I finally gave into some type of transportation after he left.

During the ride, I started thinking about what I would tell Calum when I confronted him.

Hey, how's it going? You're a bit of a dick. Okay, have a good evening?

Calum, you're being so selfish to be mean to the guy I dumped you for.

Really? Really, you're going to give him the finger?

You know, I was going to give you a speech on why you're a dick, but I won't because you're not worth it.

No...no, that wouldn't work.

I was pulled out of my thoughts abruptly when the cab driver stopped, asked for fare, and booted me out.

I was even having second thoughts. I ended up pulling my hair down from its high ponytail in case I needed to cover my face from tears. The elevator ride was slow, my walk to his room was slow, and eventually, even the knock on his door went in slow-motion.

At first, he didn't answer which was expected. By now, I knew he was looking through his peek-hole, cursing to himself. I might have perceived myself as annoying to him, but I didn't care. I wanted to annoy every part of him until he backed off...well, backed off a little.

From down the hall, I heard footsteps, but didn't think much of it since we weren't the only two rooming on the third floor. But when a hand touched my shoulder, I looked back to see Calum, holding his infamous bottle of Dr. Pepper.