Chapter 6

Nebbie knocked on Jessica front door. Her mother, Opal, opened the door. Nebbie had Jessica's birthday gift in her hand since it was her birthday.

" Hey Miss Opal is Jessica up," Nebbie said.

" Yeah Benjamin just came in," She said. Nebbie walked to her room to see Benjamin and Jessica wrestling.

" Where's my gift?" Jessica asked while pinning him down on the floor.

" I told you I was poor," Benjamin said.

" But it's my birthday," Jessica said.

" You guys need to stop fighting. I brought a gift for you," Nebbie said. Jessica got off him and gave Nebbie a hug.

" Thank you. At least someone got me a gift," Jessica said while looking at Benjamin.

" I'm gon get you one later. You'll be a'ight," Benjamin said. Jessica's little brother ,Josiah, came into Jessica's room.

" Hi Nebbie!" Josiah said to her. Josiah was 10 and has the hugest crush on Nebbie.

" I'm here to Josiah," Benjamin said.

" Ok so...," Josiah said.

" Hi Josiah," Nebbie said.

" Can I get a hug?" Josiah asked. Nebbie nodded her head. She gave him a hug and he felt on her butt.

" Hey!" Nebbie said. She gently pushed him away. He laughed.

" I couldn't help it. Sorry," Josiah said.

" Awe it's okay. If only your were a little older," Nebbie said.

" That's what you always say. You're breaking my heart," Josiah said and he left Jessica's room. Nebbie felt a tad bit bad but she realized that he was ten and he just had to deal with it.

" Anyways Nebbie I see you and Lance all close," Jessica said.

" Well he is my boyfriend," Nebbie said. The looks on Benjamin and Jessica face was shocked.

" And you just now telling me. I'm offended," Benjamin said.

" My girl is pulling them, Look at you," Jessica said.

" yeah he asked me and I said yes. Then I got me a little kiss," Nebbie said.

" Oh shit she got her first kissy kiss," Benjamin said.

" Shut up. Anyways what we gon do today," Nebbie said.

❀❀❀❀

It was a Friday night and Nebbie was trying to look her best for the date she had with Lance tonight. They were going to Chili's but she didn't care it was her first date ever. She put on a black dress with a collar and black flats. She put on lipgloss and eyeliner. Her mother came in.

" Oooh who you getting all cute for. I thought I was just taking you to the movies," Nebbie's mom said.

" Mom I told you I had to go to Chili's. I have to meet someone," Nebbie said.

" Who you meeting?"

" A boy..."

" Oh. You going on a date? You just now telling me," Nebbie's mom said with a little stern tone. Nebbie got a little nervous. She told Lance that she was going and she didn't want stand him up.

" Yeah it's a boy named Lance and he's really nice."

" Are you guys dating?"

" Um...yeah. Please don't tell dad." Nebbie knew her dad was overly-overprotective. He just doesn't want his favorite little girl to get hurt.

" Ok fine I won't tell. I know this is your first boyfriend but promise you will be smart about your decisions."

" Yes M'am."

" Alright let's get you to that date."

❀❀

Lance and Nebbie was at a booth at Chili's. They was talking about whatever popped into their heads.

" You look really beautiful tonight but that's nothing knew," Lance said.

" Thank you. You look really good tonight too," Nebbie said.

" Good?"

" I mean...great," She said nervously and he laughed.

" I know what you mean Nebbie."

" Hey I have a question for you?"

" Sure ask away."

" Why are you interested in me?"

" I think you are the most beautiful girl I ever seen and plus I always liked you since middle school."

" Why do you think I'm beautiful?"

" That's hard to answer. You have a nice face. You should know that you're beautiful."

" I thought otherwise for so long."

" You shouldn't. I'll help you."

" To do what?"

" To help you learn to love yourself. I genuinely care about you and I want you to feel the same way about yourself." Nebbie smiled. He got up and gave her a kiss on the lips.

" I hope you're honest."

" Why would I lie about liking you?" Of course that sounded stupid coming out his mouth. But deep in his head he felt guilty. This was all a plan but he did like and care about her. Maybe he'll call it off with Brianna. Nebbie's a good girl she don't deserve this he thought.

❀❀❀❀

I know what you thinking. Where have I been? Gurrrl since school started the workload has been hefty. I had like 5 assignments due on the first day. This year ain't no joke. I put my school work first because I'm trying get my edumacation. Anyways... this is kinda a filler well it is but trust me I have more coming up. I might update Mo' Murda soon so be on the look out for that and...yeah.

Bye!!!