Chapter Twenty-Two

You look into John's eyes. They're glittering mischievously and he's grinning like crazy. Your first instinct is that he's up to no good and could make off with you the first chance he gets, but you know that's ludicrous. John is clearly not a madman who will ax you to death - he's just a charming young man who's taken a fancy to you.

You let John pull you around the corner and down the side of the building. 

"Where are we going?" you ask.

"This is a shortcut," John replies. "Also it's an excuse to miss Brian's boring 'before the show' lecture."

"Won't this Brian get cross with you?"

"If I'm lucky," John laughs. "I love winding old Eppy up!"

"I wind people up without even trying," you say glumly.

"I don't see why. You're a very nice girl."

You beam at John. He seems to know how to make a girl feel special. 

You eventually come across a small door, the perfect size for a garden gnome. John stops walking and bends down. He starts fiddling with the rusty lock and chain. He gives it a hefty wiggle and it comes apart in his hands. Smiling triumphantly, he holds the little door open for you.

"Ladies first," John says, gesturing.

You smirk at him and clamber through the door on your hands and knees. There's a tunnel leading from the door to a bright light a little way off. John is calling from behind you, sounding eager and impatient all at the same time. You eventually emerge from the tunnel and find yourself...

"Where are we, John?" you ask, blinking rapidly.

"We're on set, love!" John cries, jumping out of the tunnel. He points a finger.

You look in the direction he's pointing. The other three Beatles have just appeared from the proper stage entrance. There's another man with them - a few years older than the lads, and his forehead is creased up with worry. You hear John sigh.

"That's Brian," he says.

"Oh," you say flatly. 

Something worrying has popped into your mind. Wouldn't the band's manager mind if he found out they had picked up a young fan and brought her along? You glance anxiously at Brian. He looks very concerned and very, very grumpy. You'd hate to get on the wrong side of him.

If you try to hide and hope Brian doesn't see you, go to Chapter Twenty-Three

If you stay and brave the mad-mannered manager, go to Chapter Twenty-Four