Chapter 9- The Man in a Black Suit

The next day I woke up to the snoring of another person. I sit up and with my vision still hazy from sleeping I look around the room. Where am I?

I look at Everett sleeping beside me. Oh ya, I'm at the infirmary. I must've fallen asleep after Everett and I talked for a while.

I rub my eyes and yawn. If I wast obligated to go to classes today I happily would've slept here all day.

I throw my legs over the side of the bed and put on my shoes. As I walk to my dorm room, I hear someone calling my name.

"Tori! Tori! Tori get your butt over here this instant!"

I turn around.

"Melody?"

"No shit Sherlock."

I roll my eyes.

"What do you want?"

"Get dressed and meet me in the training room in 15 minutes. No questions. GO!" She shoves me in the direction of my dorm. I stumble forwards a little but catch myself before I fall on my face.

I race to my dorm room in record time. I change into a white tank top with black skinny jeans and white flats. My power made me love white. Now I know why the boys love black.

I pull my hair into a side braid and tie it off with a ponytail. I run to the training room and see Cason waiting outside.

"Cason?"

"Yes, and you're Tori. I thought we were past that! Anyways, follow me." He says and drags me into the pitch black room.

"Tori, Cason, you're right on time! Come in, come in!" I hear melody call. A candle is lit on a table in front of us. I blink, and Melody and a man are sitting at it.

I walk closer with Cason trailing behind me.

"Tori, this is Elijah. He wanted to meet you." She turns to the man- Elijah.

"Elijah, this is Tori. She has a soul mate and yet she still has her powers. It's very odd." She says to Elijah.

"Nice to meet you." I say an extend my hand. He studies me for a moment before shaking my hand.

"The pleasure is all mine. Come here." Elijah beckons. I walk to him to see him standing in front of a pit.

"Do you see that seed in the middle of the floor?" He asks. I nod.

"Good. Make it grow." He commands. I nod and lift my head to see the seed and put on a straight expression.

I summon my light. Soon my hand glows and the white power surges through my hand into the seed. Soon I see a white rose on the ground.

"Bigger." He instructs.

I pull the power again and the rose grows again. Before the light is finished, a black haze surrounds it. The flower immediately withers and dies. I look up to see Everett standing there. I know he isn't responsible though.

"Try using the light again." Elijah says startled. I draw the power out and the plant comes back to life.

"Now try the dark."

I feel the power pulsing through me and let it free on the plant, and for the second time it dies.

Everybody stares at me with shocked expressions.

"You.. You are a gift to this planet. Only extremely powerful beings are able to possess two powers at one time." He says.

"I- I.. How?" I stutter.

"Well it seems that the new power and the light are both content living within you. When this happens, extreme things will happen in the future. You will be tested, mentally and physically, on the duration of your mind. You will have great responsibilities." He starts.

"Melody, I expect both boys to train her, Cason on the light training an Everett on the darkness. I must go now." And with that he stands and leaves.

"W- Why me?" I manage to say and both boys pull me into a comforting hug.

__________________________

Hey guys! I need some fans because I only have 4! And they are people that I fanned first!

Please follow,

Please comment,

Please vote!