Chapter 6- Waiting

TORI'S POV

I was sitting at the lunch table with Cason when I felt a twist. I turned to Cason.

"Did you feel that?" I ask. He nods.

"Ya. I did." He replies then stands up.

"What was it?"

"It means Everett is in trouble. I think.... Oh never mind, lets go!" He yelled and we ran. I followed Cason who led us to a cliff. I peek over the edge and see Everett falling down the cliff.

"Cason! He's falling! What do we do?!" I ask frantically.

"I can't do anything. I've tried. I think he found his mate, otherwise I would be able to help him. You try! Sometimes it doesn't apply to girls!" He said.

"What do I do?"

"You see that flower at the bottom that's just starting to bloom?" He starts. I nod.

"You have to use the light to make it grow big enough to catch Everett. Hurry!" He says.

I summon the light power but it only makes the flower grow about an inch off the ground.

"It's hopeless! I can't do it!" I exclaim.

"Try harder!" He instructs.

I push my power to the limit. Everett is almost at the bottom. I scream and blast the flower in so much light that I can't even see it. Until it grows. And grows to the size of a door.

Everett lands in the centre of the flower with a hard thud. I use my magic to teleport me and Cason to him. I rush to Everett and hug him. He is so stiff and he isn't moving. I cry while holding Everett in my arms. I won't ever let go. Cason sits beside me and screams in rage.

Soon the other students and Melody arrive at the top of the cliff. Melody comes down thanks to a helicopter and comes up beside us.

"Is he...?" I ask cautiously.

"No, not yet. But he's close. We have to get him to the infirmary." She says. We pick him up, Cason at him feet, Melody at his middle and me holding his head. Together we head to the infirmary.

2 nights, 3 days.

That's how long I have been sitting here, in this chair, waiting for Everett to wake up. They think he is in a coma.

Cason and I take turns in getting the doctors to do daily check ups on his limp body. Cason seems to be okay but me... Well, I'm a wreck.

My face is stained with tears. My throat hurts so much from crying. I haven't slept in the whole 3 days I've been sitting here. I barely eat anything anymore.

One day Cason comes into the room.

"Tori, you have to eat something." He says. I shake my head.

"No. I want to be here when he wakes up and I won't leave until he does." I reply.

"Tori... He wouldn't want you to be like this. He hasn't woken up in 3 days, what are the odds he will wake up during the 5 minutes we leave for?" He reasons.

"Fine. Lets go." I reply. He smirks and leads me to the cafeteria. As soon as we enter all eyes are on us. I decide to ignore them and grab a sandwich off the stand and pay. We sit down outside and I take a bite of it. It tastes so good. I don't know if its because I haven't eaten in days or if because it actually does. I have just finished my sandwich when Melody comes rushing out to us.

"Tori... Cason.... He's.... Awake.." She pants. My eyes widen in shock and I immediately run to the infirmary.

************************************

Kinda short, sorry. The next one will be longer I promise. So he's awake! That's good right! Ya, it is.

Okay I'm gonna stop fan girling over my own character.

Comment your thoughts!

Fan me!