Part 1 {Main POV}

I was completely afraid to tell him that I’ve fallen madly in love with him. I’d fallen hard. He was my “everything”. I wanted to spend every second of my existence with him. I could never tell him how I truly feel. We’re too close now. I’d ruin all that we created. I started walking home. I was never really a partygoer and I regretted even coming here in the first place. My brand new shoes were drenched in a puddle and urged me to glance at my reflection. I didn’t recognize myself. I painted my face with make-up, wore a dress that was sure to stand out and a jacket to hide my arms. I was no longer the girl I thought I was, at least not tonight… I sat down on a bench and pulled out my phone. It was getting late and I had no idea where I was or how to get home.

A drop fell from the sky and burst onto my screen. I looked up as a downpour of rain emerged from the clouds. I should’ve listened. She told me it was going to rain but I didn’t care what she said lately. Mascara ran down my cheeks and my hair slowly flattened. I wanted to scream. I wanted to run. I wanted to be free. I held my head in my hands and rested my elbows on my thighs. It was too hard to hold back the tears with the rain already trying to wash them out of me. The rain stopped above me yet I heard the pitter patter around. I turned to an umbrella held by a familiar hand with the trademark tattoo of a bird. The tall young man i'd seen just hours earlier sat next to me with the umbrella hovering over us. I let him hold me and I held his hand. I was safe in his arms. He stroked my wet hair and hugged me close.

“How did you find me?” I asked with a mumble. “I followed my heart…” he said. It was intended to be a joke but the way he said it made it all the more serious. “Why did you?” I wondered aloud. What could possibly make him want to find me? “Why wouldn’t I?” he countered. He was avoiding the question but I allowed him to. “Take me home.” I begged leaning into his side. “As you wish.” He said helping me up. We stood in the rain under his umbrella and our eyes met. They were locked onto each other and neither of us could look away. The connection was beautiful. I shut my eyes as he approached closer. Our lips met. The tingly sensation was overwhelming. I felt like a million butterflies were swarming inside me. I savored the sweet taste we shared. He looked down at me and grinned. His hand raised and hailed a taxi. No words were said as I left in the yellow cab. I waved behind the window covered in raindrops and saw his smile.