Part 6

Cutting was pointless. It no longer had the magic of creating a remedy. It only made everything worse. I looked at the image in the mirror. It looked like me but it wasn’t. I’d changed. The old “Me” was gone and lost forever. I screamed and threw my brush at the mirror sending a large crack through the middle. Shards of glass fell to the ground and I whimpered. I slipped falling into the tub letting out a loud cry before resting. Love hurt so badly. I hated it. I wanted nothing more to do with it. 

After another lecture from Ollie I was tired and restless. “Leave me alone! I’m tired of you telling me what to do! You have no authority over me! Stop trying to control what I do! Leave me alone and yell at your stupid boyfriend!” I barked slamming the door behind me. I walked in the cold weather to the downtown café. Seeing all the happy faces angered me. Why couldn’t I be happy?

I took a seat and picked up a magazine and threw it when I saw Zayn and Perrie on the first page. Dalia, my favorite waitress and friend, came over to me with her million dollar smile. I told her I’d be coming today and everything that was going on and she was glad to see me. “You seem tense. What can I get you today?” she asked me rubbing my shoulder. “I don’t know Dal. Just something that’ll make me feel better please.” I replied lowering my eyelids. “I have just the thing.” She cheered walking back to her station. I forgot it was Friday, Open-Mic Night.

An old lady around her 60s went onto the stage and surprisingly belted out “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga. She wasn’t half bad but that was more of the sympathy talking. Dalia returned with a cup of a bright drink with ice. “It’s something I custom made for you. It’s sure to brighten your spirit and perk you up!” she chimed before going to wipe a table. I indulged in the drink tasting every fruity flavor.

I was relaxed until someone took the stage and another person screamed, “Sing What Makes You Beautiful!!!” I sat up and searched around the room. Sure enough stood Zayn with his I’m-a-pop-star-and-I-don’t-have-to-listen-to-you expression. I was going to leave when Dalia shot me a look. It gave me the feeling that she knew what was going on.

“What are you going to sing?” Dalia asked as if she didn’t already know. He whispered into her ear and they both glanced at me. Dalia went to the computer to play the song and mouthed the word “Stay” to me. The track started and I sunk in my seat. 

Oooh! I like this chapter, did you?

 Author's Note: Quick Message! If any of you are cutting please refer back to the first paragraph. Just read the first few sentences again. "Cutting was pointless. It no longer had the magic of creating a remedy. It only made everything worse. I looked at the image in the mirror. It looked like me but it wasn’t. I’d changed. The old “Me” was gone and lost forever." Think about what you're doing. No matter what the situation is know how special and beautiful you are. You are extraordinary and can do extraordinary things! Life is prescious xoxo