Part 5

Ollie made me go out and get some fresh air and as a motivation made me run her errands. All that was left was to buy some book she wanted and pick up her dry cleaning.

On the way to the book store a puff of smoke was blown into the air. Behind the gray haze was Zayn leaning against a wall. He held a cigarette between his fingers and wore a face of grief and maybe guilt. I saw him and began to turn around. He caught me and called after me. “Wait…please!” he pleaded. I stopped and turned again. “What? What do you want?” I griped. “Hear me out.” He whined. “You know it’s bad to smoke…You could get lung cancer or something.” I said. “Whatever. I know that. It eases the pain. You’re not the only one who feels like they have it bad I assure you.” He said raising his voice a little. What could possibly be wrong with his perfect world? He was 1/5 of the world’s most popular boy band!!! He could have anything he wanted! 

 “When we talked the other day, I didn’t know how to react. I wouldn’t kiss you unless it meant something. You mean so much to me and I don’t want to lose you but I know that’s exactly what’s happening.” He said tantalizing me with his big hazel eyes. “I’m broken. I. Am. In. Pieces. I need to heal.” I told him before walking away. “Wait!” he yelled grabbing the end of my sleeve. I resisted his grip only to accidentally halfway free myself of the sleeve and put my arm in plain sight. My scars were revealed. They were dark and horrid. I snatched my jacket and ran away with tears falling from my eyes. I hoped I’d never see him again. I hoped I’d never fall in love.