The Run And Go- Peterick

Pete sat at the end of his bed. It was 3am. He was shaking with his phone in his hand. He couldn't cope with his brain, his thoughts. He wanted to call Patrick, but he couldn't. He didn't want him to worry. He knew that Patrick would help him. Patrick always helped him, he always knew how. Patrick had a sixth sense that told him when Pete needed him.

Pete looked towards the bathroom door that was slightly ajar. It would be so easy to. But he couldn't. He knew he shouldn't and he knew Patrick needed him as much as he needed Patrick.

Pete could feel something coming for him. He was terrified. He could hear them. They were coming down the hall. He shot up and sat as far away from the door as he could, his back against the wall, eyes fixed on the door.

His phone rang. Patrick.

"Pete, what's wrong?" Pete didn't answer. He didn't need to. Patrick knew he was having a bad day again. He could feel them near him. "I'm coming."

Minutes later, Patrick let himself into to Petes house with his key and made his way upstairs to Petes room. Pete looked up at him with pure fear in his eyes. Most of the fear was replaced with relief when he saw Patrick's face. Patrick sat next to him in the corner of the room.

"What is it, Pete? Explain it to me, it will help I promise."

"It's 3am. You should be asleep." Patrick understood that Pete wasn't ready to talk.

"I woke up. I could tell something was wrong." Patrick didn't know how he always knew when he best friend wasn't ok, he just did. He said what he thought might help and it always seemed to.

"Are you even real?" Pete asked, the fear was back in his eyes.

"Of course I'm real. Look." Patrick took Pete's hand and placed it on his cheek.

"They're outside." Pete said, shuffling closer to Patrick.

"They're not gonna hurt you 'cause I'm here. They're scared of me. I'm scary. I won't let them hurt you, Pete." Patrick hated seeing his best friend like that, he wished he could just take everything away that scared him.

"They don't like you." Patrick grinned and held Pete's hand.

"I told you, I'm scary."

"They've gone. Thank you." Pete breathed. He wrapped his arms around Patrick's neck and buried his face in his shoulder.

"It's ok, Pete. As long as you're ok." Patrick stood up and pulled Pete to his feet. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

"Can you stay please?" Pete's eyes were begging.

"Of course." Patrick kissed Pete lightly on the cheek and climbed into bed with Pete. Pete laid his head on Patrick's chest and fell asleep to the beat of his heart.

Sorry this is pretty short but they probably will get longer. If you have any requests just ask and I'll see what I can do. ;) talk later folks