Chapter 19

Chapter 19 Hilary's POV
____________________________

Mom woke me up bright and early, and I'd completely forgotten that I had an appointment today.

It was Monday, the day that everyone seems to hate, but the day I hate most is Tuesday. I'll have to face my classmates and the horrible teasing and embarrassment.

Brayden has tried to call several times, but each time I stared at the phone until it stopped ringing which took awhile. Eventually I just deleted Brayden's contact, but he still has mine so I have a feeling I'll be receiving more calls today.

I slipped on a hoodie and track pants with a white tank top underneath. I threw my hair in a messy ponytail and dig through Anna's closet until I found her old converse.

Not my best look, but who do I have to impress? No one.

The drive to the hospital was quite long and silent. Mom didn't bother to put the radio on, so I didn't make a move to touch it.

As we drove by my school, I cringed thinking about the gossip the other students were chatting about, and the Cheshire smile Chelsea always wears.

Before long, mom pulled up at the hospital and I was forced to trail after her as she spoke to the office lady. I didn't see the point of even coming here anyways. Dr James said I was partially fine. Didn't she?

"We're going to Dr James office." Mom says and signs some paperwork before leading me out of the waiting room and up several flights of stairs.

When we reach floor 6A, mom rushes through the doors and I have to jog to keep up with her. She walks to a door at the end of the hall labeled Dr Cecilia James. Cecilia. I like it.

Mom pushes me into the room and I give her a questioning look.

"You will stay in there until you tell Dr James what is wrong with you. We have all day, Hilary." Mom says flatly, and the door is shut.

Dr James looks at me skeptically before locking the door and sliding the keys underneath the door through the little crack. A hand reaches out to retrieve them and then my mom walks away, her footsteps fading. There's no way that I'm getting out of here.

The only widow in the room is barred and the vent up above my head is to tiny for me to crawl through. I'm totally screwed.

"Hilary," Dr James begins, "Can you please tell me what's wrong with you?"

"I-I," I remain quiet for a moment searching for the right words which is a total waist when I say the most pathetic thing, "I Can't."

Dr James raises an eyebrow at me and scribbles something down on the clipboard she hold tightly to her chest. She's making sure I don't see what she's writing.

"Why can't you?" She presses and u feel my temper surface, but I can't just lash out at a doctor.

"Because, I just...can't." I choke on my words trying not to shed any tears. Especially in front of a doctor.

I shift in my chair uncomfortably and play with my fingers in my hands. There is definitely no way I'll get out of here unless I tell her the truth which is not happening.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I may a desperate plea to escape  this jail cell mom sent me in. I can't believe she actually tricked me.

"Nice try, Ms Maxwell, but you're not going anywhere. Besides there's a bathroom in my office." Dr James smirks and pints to a door that I hadn't noticed yet.

Shit.

"Aha, right..."I chuckled nervously and swing my feet from side to side as I slid my shaking hands underneath my knees. A habit I never broke when I was nervous.

Dr James puckered her lips and scribbles something else on her clipboard while looking me dead straight in the eye.

"I'm giving you one more chance to tell me, Hilary." She says and sets her clipboard facedown.

She leans back into her chair and clasps her hands together and purses her lips waiting for a reply to come out of my mouth.

Not a single sound escapes my sealed lips and I ignore the buzzing coming from my pocket. The call was probably from Brayden and I was in no mood to talk to him right now.

I kept my gaze on the floor finding the white tiling so interesting.

That's when footsteps echoed down the hall and the door is swung open.

"Mom?!" I question but she ignores me and turns to Dr James.

"Thanks Doc, but something came up and I need to take Hilary home immediately." She says and hands me her phone.

"Alright. Well try again next time." Dr James says eyeing me carefully. "This was a...fun session Hilary."

"Actually that won't be necessary." Mom cuts in when I'm about to reply. "I think I know what's making my daughter depressed. I will send you a message when I'm positive."

"Okay. See you soon then." Dr James smiled warmly at me and went back to scribbling stuff on her clip board.

Frankly, it ignored me the way she  scribbled away on that stupid paper for no particular reason.

Mom grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the hospital and into the car.

"Open up my phone." She seethed and I did knowing her password. 

I slowly typed in the four numbers I've come to know and the screen unlocked and took me to the Instagram app.

Oh no...she couldn't have...

There, fully on display where all six photos of me nude with my name tagged right under each and everyone of them, along with Jace's snarky remarks.

Moms glare hardened at the sight of those photos, and she snatched the phone out of my hands and shut her phone off. She turned to me as if expecting an explanation because she was.

"I can explain!" I said but mom didn't want to here it.

She pulled out of the hospital parking lot and we zoomed down the streets until we reached home.

She jumped out of the car and walked right into the house slamming the door in my face.

Had my mother just kicked me out?

Just then, the door opened a crack and my moms green eyes stared into my own.

"I don't care where you go right now. Just be back for dinner." She whispered at me with a menacing tone lacing her voice.

The door slammed again and j was left alone on the street with no one to take pity on me or to just be a friend and listen.

I walked down the street unsure of where to go. I thought about calling Brayden, but quickly decided against it. It's probably best.

The DMs and comments and likes were as endless as ever and I wished I could make it all go away. That it never happened.

But it did. And I regret every minute.

I wondered if mom would still send to school. I wondered if she'd disown me. I wondered if Anna would join the others an make fun of me.

Mom was probably on the phone right now calling an orphanage.

But I couldn't bare to think like that, and so I pushed my thoughts away leaving my mind completely blank. Dr James was going to understand out. Mom promised her. Would she stop being my doctor?

I didn't know. But I wanted know, but only time could tell what was going to happen to me. If I, Hilary Maxwell will cease to exist.

Will I?
____________________________

Hey everyone!

Update right on schedule. Hope you enjoyed this although it's a bit of a filler.

Anyways were almost at 400 reads! Let's get there! Ooo I'm sos excited!

Ok enough of that, I'll see you guys next time.

-Axx