Chapter 2

-Mr. Nero, we have found the person that we were looking for.

-Excellent, what are you waiting for? Bring him here!

-I am afraid we have a situation, sir. He is currently in one of Scotland's airports, and some federal agents have found out about him.

-Well that's a problem... anyway, you have to do something about that.

-We are working on it.

"That moron finally left. He was starting to make me angry. It is a very unlucky situation, for real, but still he has to find a way out of it. The most important part is that my plan worked. And what a genius plan it was. Although it took me a lot of time, now I can do everything I want. I remember how all this started..."

10 years ago...

-All right Nero, your idea might as well work! All we have to do is figure out and wait for the right time. Since it is expected to be at least 5 years from now, we need to get working! This machinery is not going to build itself!
Me and Calrence had been thinking about this idea for a ling time. At that time I was only 20, and I was foolish and didn't know the real benefits we could be taking from this project. It was sure, a genius idea, as genius as I am and Clarence was. We were best friends, back in my ignorant times, and all we would do was dream about a famous future as big inventors. Although, that ignorant wish was going to fade soon inside of me. In the time being I was building my new self.

7 years ago...

-Hey Nero, take a look at this! Isn't it the most marvelous thing you have ever seen in your entire life? I can just imagine the excitement, fear, surprise in the people's faces! "Behold, the very first working inter-dimensional gate!" Isn't that going to be just awesome!

-I don't know, Clarence... I mean, can't we wait a little more time? It is unfinished yet, and the exact moment of wrap will be in 2010, 2 years by now! I think we should be more reserved. I mean, what if the world takes this whole thing as a threat, and it would be canceled forever. I think we should keep this only for ourselves.

-Oh, come on now, Nero! You are joking, right? I could ytell just by the way you said it. Be more reserved? What about the fame? Well, anyway, I think we can keep this as a secret only for 2 years. Deal?

-Deal!
I just couldn't stand him anymore. Being around him made me feel angry, frustrated. I knew I had to keep this only for me though. But that egoistic kid was looking only for fame, being a part of history, blah, blah, blah. Useless words. Although, he still had 2 more years to change his mind. If not... No, I can't do such a thing. Maybe I wait, he will change by time, for sure...

5 years ago...

-Nero, we can't do this. It would be too dangerous. I mean, think about it. It might also result fatal.

-What do you mean, Clarence? Nothing is going to happen. Just press the button and let's finish this!

-I'm afraid I can't do that.

-Than step away, coward! I'm going to do it myself!

-I'm not allowing you. I will cancel the operation immediately.

-Do so, and you're dead.

-Let me see this right. The universe we are going to wrap with, has an 68% difference from our own. While the other one, only available in 2015, has only 1.2%. Another gate can only be opened 100 years after. So tell me, is my life as important as all humanity race?

-You decide. Now step away.

-Well I decide no.
As Clarence pushes the cancellation button, an fiery light flashes in Nero's eyes. He points the gun towards his best friend, takes good aim at his heart, so he can't miss the shot, and fires. A loud noise is heard, as the bullet quickly penetrates through Clarence's heart. Nero had realized what he was doing since the start of all this. There were no sings of unconsciousness in his eyes, no signs of stupidity. He knew exactly what he was doing. And of course he also knew he wouldn't regret it. After all, according to him, he had done the right thing.

Present time...

And Nero hadn't forgot that event for the rest five years. It's not because he felt any kind of mercy, or because he felt sorry about Clarence. No, it wasn't neither because he was shocked of what had he done, and how did he do it. It was only because that was the time he realized that he had to start over with his life. He had to be a strong man, and outcome every obstacle to reach his goal, and achieve all he wanted. It was not a very big thing, although. It was only discovering something new no human ever had on this one man he had summoned from another world. But the beautiful part was the way he would achieve it, and he was planning to keep this discovery for himself.