Shirogane Le Bel Sakuya Short Story

Okay, so this is a SakuRyou Moment *A* and the only thing that will be revealed here is Sakuya's love for ninjas so no spoilers here =w=

He's late.

Just who does that rock dove think he is, to keep me waiting like this? I had heard that the Japanese are very punctual, but I'm swiftly getting the feeling that this academy is attended by a bunch of idiots, to say nothing of how everyone takes their time here. Even so, it seems that it's considered a prestigious, top-class institute within the country- truthfully, if that were not the case, there's no way Father would have had me transfer here- but just what has become of Japan's educational standards, that they consider a school of this level top-class?

'Sorry, Sakuya! I thought that cleaning would never- ow! What did I just step- ow!'

'You're late, Kawara! Just how long were you planning on keeping me waiting?!'

'Never mind that, Sakuya, what is this?! There's a bunch of nail-like things everywhere!'

The rock dove who kept me waiting for such a wretchedly long time tumbles into the student council room, writhing. Heh heh, right into the trap.

'They're called caltrops.'

'Why are there caltrops in the student council room?! I don't get it!'

'My nanny told me to be careful when I arrived in Japan, because of the ninjas. As you were unable to avoid even this grade of trap, it would seem that you are not a ninja.'

'Did you really put caltrops here just so you could tell whether or not I'm a ninja? I don't know where you learned about Japan from, but I think you've got things a bit wrong!'

'You're quite right. I still don't know about this country in detail. That's why I called you up here.'

The overturned rock dove is looking up at me with a blank expression. It appears that the words I'm using are too high level for him to digest. This is why I hate mongrels.

'Can you not even understand what I've explained so far? I am contemplating how to improve the security of the student council room, and am appointing you my advisor on the matter. Be grateful.'

'Wha- h-huh...? But I wanted to go home early...'

And so I learnt of Japan's various means to defend against ninjas from a native of the country. For example, in the case of stone walls, it seems that just building them high and straight isn't enough. To ensure that ninjas cannot easily climb over them, it seems that it's best to build them with a leaning structure. I had seen them many times in pictures, but it seems that the concept of ramparts- no, the concept of castles themselves- is fundamentally different in the Orient. How interesting.

'Hey, Sakuya, is that all? I don't really know that much about old culture and history myself, so I can't really help you.'

'Wait- you still haven't told me on what basis ninjas are able to cling to ceilings.'

'I don't know!'

For even Japanese birds to not know- it seems there are still plenty of secret techniques hidden from public knowledge. It looks like I'll have to spend some more time investigating this.