Higure Anghel Short Story

I love Anghel sooo much XD anyway, this explains what 'sin' Anghel always talks about.

Absolute zero- a temperature which allows no-one close to it, which rebuffs all. A mercilessly pure white pillar of ice covers everything, so bright that one could forget that this is Cocytus, the prison of despair buried deep in the forgotten depths of the earth.

Only one thing sullies this still white landscape. A dirty vermilion- the blood pouring from my own breast. Pierced through with the holy spear Saekro'm, I stand sealed in the pillar of ice, my blood staining it crimson.

'... Forgive me, Crimson Fallen Angel. This was the only way.'

Clothed in a noble blue, the head of the Inquisition, Edel Blau, murmurs these words with a pained expression. Her duel with me has left the blue imperial cloth of her vestment grievously sullied.

'You were merely fulfilling your duty, Edel Blau. Do not fret. This is my sin... the karma I must bear.'

My wicked half, Himnesia, which one day came to dwell within me. No... perhaps this evil had been with me from the moment of my birth, and had merely been slow to awaken. The darkness, nourishing itself on all the negativity and despair of this world, has eaten away at me for many years.

I fell of my own volition. Turning my back on the sacred light of the gods, I chose to walk towards the world of darkness. I have no regrets. However-

'That it came to having to cross swords with you... that is my only regret.'

'... Do not say such a thing.'

I recall the crimson evil sealed deep within me. If it were to rage out of control just once, there would be no way to stop me. With such power, fueled by hatred as it is, who knows when it would desist? It might only rest once it had exhausted itself razing the world to the ground.

Such was the case with my duel with Edel Blau. I have barely any memory of the midst of battle. I only have the faint memory of the urge to destroy everything before me.

It is regretful that I must sleep unable to face the Dark Sorcerer Wallenstein once more, but perhaps this is also fate. Or perhaps, in the distant future, the Day of Judgment will come anew. If this sinful soul is granted the wings to transcend time, I may be reborn, and one day-

'Farewell, Crimson Fallen Angel.'

'Farewell.'

-

Gloomy clouds gather in the skies above the academy. Even though the time is just past noon, the sky is dark. A strong wind blows, heralding an oncoming storm- and in its midst, a single bleeding-heart dove stands on the roof.

'Certainly, I feel a hint of your presence. Are you close to me? Edel Blau...!'